Stephen Levy, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
“I’m grateful to be part of a dedicated team that strives to provide the best experience possible for each of our residents and I’m driven daily by the opportunities we have to manage and improve our success in this regard.”
As Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Steve Levy oversees all legal issues regarding Senior Lifestyle and its affiliates, including matters related to corporate structure, contracts, licensing, operations, acquisition and development. Steve also supervises and coordinates the involvement of outside legal counsel in corporate, acquisition, litigation, finance, and related issues and has closed on various financing, refinancing, and joint venture transactions.
Prior to joining Senior Lifestyle, Steve served as a real estate associate at the law firm of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP in Chicago, where he negotiated and drafted real estate purchase and sale agreements, leases, loan agreements, and related documents while representing banks, private equity lenders, and public and private companies in real estate transactions and financing. Prior to joining KMZ, he served as a litigation and environmental associate at the law firm Montgomery, McCracken, Walker & Rhoads in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Member of the Assisted Living Federation of America’s Executive Government Relations Roundtable
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the bar of the State of Illinois
- Executive Board member of Meals on Wheels Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Michigan
- JD, The Law School at University of Pennsylvania