Billing Specialist – Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will be responsible for community accounts receivable billing, entering new residents, apply payment, rate changes, reviewing submission for correct corporate process requirements and other various changes to residents’ accounts.
- Work in conjunction with community Business Office Mangers to insure all billable services are correctly applied to resident’s accounts, which may include entering ancillary charges.
- Prepare and send statements/claims for residents including private pay and/or other primary payers.
- Confirm billable rates for accurate claims for all payers.
- Successfully demonstrate an understanding of the billing rules and regulations for Medicare, Medicare Advantage, state specific Medicaid, and other potential payer categories.
- Maintain admissions and discharges so that census is accurately balanced daily.
- Ensure resident demographic information is accurately entered.
- Post payments to the correct resident’s accounts, including payer type and service period.
- Research balances and determine what actions are needed to clear the account.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward office workers, professional contacts and residents. Adhere to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Assist communities in support questions about the centralized billing process.
Level of Formal Education: Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Area of Study: Business or related field.
Years of Experience: 2+ years in SNF environment.
Type of Experience: Billing, Accounts Receivable
Technical Competencies: Experience with Point Click Care preferred.
Skills and Ability:
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Data entry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to follow instructions and produce consistent deliverables in a timely manner.
• Ability to read an AR Aging Report and communicate any concerns to the team.
• Ability to learn and use various software and systems.
• Ability to reconcile process flow between systems and investigate discrepancies.
• Detail oriented.
• Highly organized.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: dd6d4d11-a0ee-4656-957d-ca52204d3196