Property Accountant – Chicago (Hybrid)- Join our team!
We are seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Property Accountant to join our team in downtown Chicago. As a Property Accountant, you will play a crucial role in managing financial operations for our senior living communities, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency.
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining all accounting for multiple seniors housing communities in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain cash activity on a daily basis for all disbursement and operating accounts in excel checkbooks.
- Process monthly ACH for accounts receivable and CL graphics and wire transfers for mortgages and other outside payments as necessary.
- Close accounts receivable monthly.
- Communicate with ED/BOM as necessary to complete month end close as per the closing schedule.
- Complete monthly preparation of bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Complete journal entry preparation and input.
- Complete monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on all open balance sheet accounts with backup for all amounts.
- Complete monthly preparation of PDF financial file.
- Maintain monthly financial folders.
- Prepare and file Sales Tax Returns, Personal Property Tax Returns and other governmental reporting as necessary.
- Assist in establishing and implementing written policies and procedures that reflect financial goals and objectives of the facilities as they relate to month end close.
- Ensure all established accounting policies and procedures are followed as they pertain to accounts payable and month end close.
- Analyze monthly financial statements and provide such information to the Assistant Controller for Property Accounting as requested.
- Ensure that adequate financial reports are submitted to authorized government agencies, investors and others as directed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all pertinent information to ensure the properties’ rights are protected.
- Prepare and assist in audit preparation and accumulation of data as directed.
- Assist in budget preparation as directed.
You have 3+ years of Accounting experience.
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred in a related field.
Experience with Yardi software preferred.
You are proficient in Microsoft Excel.
You have the ability to prioritize responsibilities to ensure that critical deadlines are met.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: 7a204f4e-32d2-4af7-bcf4-0139d6b5a399