Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. This position is responsible for designing, implementing and teaching in an intergenerational preschool and childcare program for children ages 2 ½ to 5 years of age using curriculum articulated by the National Academy of Early Childhood Education Programs otherwise known as NAEYC.
- Create and maintain a healthy and safe learning environment for the program’s children at all times.
- Know, Monitor, and follow all pertinent state requirements and guidelines for a Preschool Program.
- Work cooperatively with other staff to ensure the program's success.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities that meet the interests and needs of children at different ability levels.
- Communicate expectations with students.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom and supplies.
- Communicate progress and concerns of students with their parents as needed.
- Respond to emergencies within the classroom as needed using situational judgment.
- Transport children as needed.
- Report all suspected abuse or neglect cases to DHHS/Child Proctective Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Level of Formal Education: Associates Degree or Higher in Early Childhood or Related field.
Area of Study: Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred
Years of Experience: 1+ years of experience in a classroom setting.
Type of Experience: Teaching/Education
Special Certification: CPR Certification, First Aid training, and other trainings and certifications as required by the state.
Language Skills: Read, write, speak, and understand English language
Skills and Ability
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Superb classroom management skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize.
• Calm demeanor that handles pressure, noise, and stimulation well.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
Pay range: $18.00-$25.00
SmartRecruiters Job ID: cce7cd88-f51b-4fe4-8d4d-407a304373d3