Dietary Aide – Skilled Nursing (Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays 11AM-7:30PM)
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. This position is responsible for providing assistance in all food service functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established food policies and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Dining Services but may take direction from all pertinent management personnel.
- Follow and perform duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation Dining Policy and Procedures according to the Dining Services Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures and ensures that
- foods follow prescribed modified or therapeutic diets, nutrition/hydration requirements and resident preferences.
- Assist or serve meals as necessary and in a timely manner assuring that they are palatable and appetizing in appearance as well as accurate in content to the resident. This will include resident room service as well as service to designated dining areas.
- Setup, deliver, and verify accuracy of meal trays, food carts, and dining areas as instructed. Upon meal completion team member will remove all soiled items/equipment and deliver to the dishwashing area. Distribute and collect menus as necessary for each meal period.
- Assist department in obtaining proper food supplies for the next meal. Assist cooks in preparation of menu items. Prepare and deliver snacks and other items as instructed and assist in inventory control and stocking.
- All Dietary Department personnel should follow safety precautions to prevent accidents in food preparation according to our accident prevention in food preparation and prevention of back injury policy.
- Perform kitchen utility duties such as, but not limited to: sweep and mop floors, buss items from dining areas to dish room, wash and clean small wares and equipment. Clean and sanitize work areas, cutting boards, and table tops as well as removing garbage. Keep work areas, clean, dry and free of hazards.
- Know and adhere to all company and the local, state, and county health department’s regulations.
- Ensure that all dining areas are clean and safely operating.
- Attend all required training, in services, and staff meetings. Meet all department training standards through Redi-Learning and/or other necessary training modules as required.
Level of Formal Education: High School Diploma
Years of Experience: Entry Level (0-3 Years)
Type of Experience: Food Service or Hospitality
Special Certifications: Serv Safe or required certification from local, county or state department
Language Skills: Capable of communicating well verbally and in a manner understood by management, co-workers and residents who may have hearing or cognitive impairments
Skills and Ability:
- Basic cooking and preparation of meal items.
- Thorough understanding of service techniques and requirements.
- Possess the ability to seek instruction when needed.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Fundamental understanding of therapeutic diets, sanitation and service.
- Ability to interact with a multitude of various personalities and respond with patience, concern and a positive attitude.
Personal Attributes: Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards all residents, guests, and co-workers
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: bc0f2e29-c838-4978-8c8e-a52504671720