Personal Care Director – R.N./LPN
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of resident apartments and the common areas of the community.
• Welcomes and becomes familiar with all residents and families on assisted services and
acts as their liaison and advocate.
• Assists incoming residents, transfers and families with lease signing for assisted living.
• Directly oversees the delivery of care to Assisted Living residents to ensure that
emotional, physical, psychological, and safety needs are met through all program
services and activities.
• Coordinates family/resident care conferences and serves as a direct liaison between
residents, families, and staff.
• Addresses and follows up on all assisted living resident concerns and satisfactions
• Works with residents, families, and other team members to ensure that residents are at appropriate
levels of care.
• Develops and/or monitors documentation systems to ensure that all regulatory time
frames for review of assessments and service plans are met.
• Schedules and conducts new resident orientation for all Assisted Living Residents.
• Participates in interviewing, hiring, orientation, disciplining and terminating Assisted
• Plans and schedules training programs and in-services for the Assisted Living staff.
• Ensures compliance with all state regulatory requirements including mandatory
• Ensures that all concern and incident reports are completed and filed, and that
appropriate follow-up is conducted.
• Manages and coordinates the work of all nursing and other assisted living staff,
communicating pertinent resident health and safety information.
• Manages labor costs, supplies and other line items in Assisted Living budget.
• Participates in Manager on Duty rotation as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Level of Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree, RN or LPN licenses or related/equivalent training
- Area of Study: Health Care Administration, psychology, social work, nursing
- Years of Experience: 1+
- Type of Experience: Management experience in a health care facility
- Special Certifications: CBRF certifications at time of hire or within one year of hire.
- Language Skills: English language
- Technical Competencies: Computer literacy
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, physicians, and other nursing staff.
- Ability to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile residents.
- Supervisory skills and willingness to work harmoniously with all team members members.
- Personal Attributes:
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to manage stress well
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: dfa37b03-5108-4f95-837e-8531bb456d46