When you live at The Sheridan at Cooper City in Florida, you’re part of a safe and welcoming community where all your daily needs are taken care of. Our Broward County assisted living community provides residents with housekeeping and personal laundry services, chef-prepared daily meals with restaurant-style service, transportation and 24-hour emergency call response and nursing staff available.
Plus, there’s a variety of activities to participate in each day right at the residence, as well as lots to do in Cooper City and nearby Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood. Here’s what a day in the life of assisted living at The Sheridan at Cooper City might look like.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Cooper City, FL
Cooper City in Broward County, Florida, is home to around 34,000 people who live in the 8.5-square mile community. It’s around 15 miles southwest of Fort Lauderdale, is around 26 miles northwest of Miami and has convenient access to a variety of amenities. Some of the fun things for seniors to do in Cooper City, FL, include the following.
- Visit a park: Cooper City is home to more than 20 parks that are open from sunrise to sunset, as well as three sports complexes. The area includes two off-leash dog parks and the leashed dog-friendly Brian Piccolo County Park. The Bill Lips Sports Complex sits on 10 acres and includes a playground, picnic tables and baseball/softball, football and soccer fields. Flamingo West Park takes up 28 acres, including more than 3 acres of wetlands and a walking path around the lake and wetlands. The Christie Schafale Park & Dog Park features a basketball court, exercise equipment and a volleyball court. Diamond Head Park has a racquetball court, basketball court and picnic tables. Ellie Kozak Park offers exercise equipment and picnic tables. Flamingo Park has basketball courts, a tennis court, a volleyball court and picnic tables. Check out pickleball courts, a tennis court and a walking/bike trail at the 7.5-acre Forest Lake Park. The Suellen H. Fardelmann Sports Complex, taking up nearly 20 acres, is also a popular destination, with pickleball courts, lighted basketball courts, a concession area, volleyball courts and a walking trail.
- See local wildlife at Flamingo Gardens: Located around 7 miles away in nearby Davie, Flamingo Gardens is a premiere wildlife and nature destination in the area. It features more than 3,000 species of native and tropical plants and trees, and is home to the largest collection of Florida native wildlife. In addition to the botanical gardens, the Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary includes a Birds of Prey Center and Free-Flight Aviary, as well as animal displays including native alligators, a black bear habitat, a flamingo pond, a river otter habitat, panther and bobcat habitats, and a turtle walk.
- Check out Active Adult programs and classes: The Cooper City Active Adults program offers a variety of classes and activities for adults in the area. The fitness program offers classes like tai chi, Silver Sneakers and chair yoga. There are special events like community meetings with local deputies, monthly luncheons, virtual travel clubs, adult basketball tournaments, book clubs, knitting and ceramics classes, line dancing, classic movie screenings, pinochle and table games, technology classes, walking club, watercolor painting groups, Zumba and more.
- Attend a community event: Cooper City hosts community events each month that bring people together for holidays and other celebrations. For example, the city has hosted events like a spring Egg-Stravaganza, an Autism Awareness Day with public safety demos, a Mother’s Day Tea and a Father’s Day Fishing Derby, and a Bike Rodeo with challenging courses and helmet fittings. Visit the city’s Special Events calendar to see what’s happening.
- Visit a beach town: With close proximity to Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach and Hollywood, living in Cooper City makes it easy to take a quick trip to the beach. Hollywood Beach is home to a busy “Broadwalk” with restaurants, shops, public art displays and bars. Pompano Beach on Florida’s Gold Coast has lots of sandy shoreline and tree-shaded recreation areas. Fort Lauderdale Beach offers diving and snorkeling excursions, in addition to an abundance of dining and nightlife options. If you love being by the water, a pretty beach is just a short drive away from Cooper City.
Cooper City also has lots of diverse restaurants for foodies, as well as attractions like horseback riding and mini golf. With lots of sunny days and a warm climate all year-round, Cooper City is a great place for retirees and seniors who want to live in a relaxing and friendly area.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming at The Sheridan at Cooper City
In addition to happenings around town, The Sheridan at Cooper City has a full schedule of programming for assisted living residents each day. Residents can pursue their unique hobbies and meet other residents at enjoyable activities like the following.
- Aromatherapy classes
- Arts and crafts classes
- Beachball volleyball
- Brain games
- Coloring classes
- Cooking classes
- Current events discussions
- Floral arrangement classes
- Group puzzle murals
- Guided meditation
- Movie matinees
- Mug club socials
- Poetry groups
- Pokeno cart bingo
- Poker clubs
- Quiet breathing classes
- Racquet games
- Scrabble clubs
- Stretching classes
- Tai chi
- Technology classes
- Wheel of Fortune and trivia games
- Yoga classes
The Sheridan at Cooper City also transports residents for off-site excursions, like lunches and shopping trips. At home, residents can use the spacious community rooms with TVs and DVDs, the game room, the cinema room, the art center, the internet lounge and the fitness studio. The Sheridan at Cooper City also has a beauty and barber shop on-site, a rehabilitation gym, a courtyard and an outdoor patio area to enjoy.
Plus, residents get delicious chef-prepared meals available in the community dining rooms, in the private dining area or via room service. Our pet-friendly community has everything residents could want in a comfortable home.
Tour The Sheridan at Cooper City
If you’re interested in assisted living in Cooper City for yourself or a loved one, we invite you to tour our community and see all we have to offer. The residence also provides Memory Care for residents in need of those services.
Stop in for a visit to see what life at The Sheridan at Cooper City is like. Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.