Spring Hill, FL, sits in the Tampa Bay region on the Gulf of Mexico. It is home to the Senior Lifestyle assisted living community Forest Oaks of Spring Hill and provides seniors with a safe and supportive place to live and connect with others, with daily activities and professional assistance on housekeeping, transportation and more.
Learn more about the peaceful and vibrant atmosphere of Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida, that enables seniors to live their best lives, while getting the professional support they need at Forest Oaks of Spring Hill.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Forest Oaks, FL
The Spring Hill area of Florida offers wonderful weather that lets you explore lovely sights and exciting places.
Here are some things for seniors to do by themselves and their families while they reside at Spring Hill.
- Alfred McKethan Pine Island Park – This is a Gulf beach that features bird-watching, playgrounds, picnic facilities, swimming, showers and more to do. The three-acre Alfred McKethan Pine Island Park also offers pavilions free for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Hernando Historical Museum Association – Three museums are run by the Hernando Historical Museum Association. These are the 1885 Brooksville Train Depot, which depicts historic railroad events; the Countryman One Room Schoolhouse, which replicates education in the mid-1800s; and the May-Stringer House, a Victorian-era home. Each highlights the history of living in this area of Florida.
- Lone Palm Stables – This is a family friendly stable providing safe, professional riding for horses and riders. The Lone Palm Stables specializes in hunter/jumper lessons and events for all ages. Lone Palm also boards horses.
- Nature Coast Botanical Gardens and Nursery – These gardens offer botanical walks, spaces for special events, garden clubs and much more. There are many different paths to take and plants to see in the Nature Coast Botanical Gardens and Nursery, such as the Butterfly Garden, Oriental Tea Garden, Palm Garden, Rain Forest and Rose Garden.
- Sweetfields Farm – This farm is owned and operated by a family that grows and sells directly to the consumer. Sweetfields Farm allows visitors to pick their own fruits, vegetables and organic flowers. They also host seasonal activities, such as a corn maze in the fall and a sunflower maze in the spring.
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park – Experience a classic mermaid show, featuring young ladies showing off their swimming skills, along with the deepest freshwater cave system in the country and abundant protected wildlife. Weeki Wachee Springs State Park also offers boat tours, picnicking, swimming and other activities.
Spring Hill is a relaxing place to live in Florida, amid the beauty of the Gulf of Mexico, and with quick access to Tampa and St. Petersburg.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Forest Oaks
In addition to excursions and attractions off-site from Forest Oaks at Spring Hill, this community has programming on-site every day for residents, plus an on-site spa for relaxing and a library. You can walk a few steps away from your home and enjoy a delectable meal, socialize with other residents, play games or do a whole host of other activities. Below is just a sampling of what we offer.
- Aerobic workouts
- Anagrams games
- Artist talks
- Bingo games
- Blackjack and poker card games
- Book clubs
- Canasta card games
- Chair exercise classes
- Cocktail happy hours
- Comedy shows
- Dominos competitions
- Educational lectures
- Floral arrangement crafts
- Group talks
- Live music concerts
- Movie screenings
- Painting classes
- Resident council meetings
- Storytelling presentations
- Trivia competitions
- TV screenings
- Yoga classes
Plus, we also offer off-site transportation for shopping trips and local outings. If you need church transportation or a ride to the doctor, we provide transportation for that, too.
Guests can take part in elevated dining experiences with chef-prepared meals and something delicious to enjoy all throughout the day. In the meantime, residents can socialize in our spacious and welcoming dining rooms or bistro.
See What Life Is Like at Forest Oaks of Spring Hill
Forest Oaks of Spring Hill is an amazing place to live out your golden years, with so many things to do, delicious food and beverages, and all the amenities you could want from a residence. Our assisted living services enable residents to live the life they want, while getting the support they need. We also offer memory care services, depending on residents’ needs.