If you’re interested in a peaceful and relaxing assisted living environment for yourself or a loved one, the Oak Pointe Assisted Living residence in Warrenton, MO, provides a welcoming community. Residents get the exact care they need in a beautiful, comfortable and safe environment.
Supportive staff are available to take care of the little things, while facilitating active lifestyles for residents. Get access to meals and assisted living care right on-site, in addition to fun activities and opportunities to bond with other community members. Here’s what a day in the life as a resident at Oak Pointe Assisted Living could entail.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Warrenton, MO
Warrenton is a small exurb of St. Louis, a little more than 50 miles away from the big city. Warrenton provides a friendly community atmosphere in town and at the Oak Pointe Assisted Living residence, while giving residents the opportunity to take day or weekend trips into St. Louis or another nearby city to explore more of what the state has to offer. Right in Warrenton, some of the things seniors enjoy pursuing include the following.
- Frank, Emma Elizabeth and Edna Reifsnider State Forest: The Frank, Emma Elizabeth and Edna Reifsnider State Forest is a favorite nature destination for Warrenton residents. There are amenities including picnic facilities, a 1.3-mile Lizard Rock Trail for hiking, a creek and several accessible trails for more leisurely walks or rides. Visitors can fish, kayak or boat on one of the forest’s two ponds. Fishing enthusiasts can catch catfish, sunfish or bass. There’s also a shooting range and hunting opportunities for game including deer and wild turkey.
- Dragonfly Antiques: Dragonfly Antiques in Warrenton has more than 5,000 square feet of retail space that features more than 50 vendors. Shoppers can find vintage goods including furniture, artworks, household goods and collectible items, all for bargain prices. There’s always something new and interesting on display, which makes the store a fun place to visit and browse, or to buy a new treasure as a gift or for decorating.
- Long Row Lavender: Just a little over 5 miles away from Oak Pointe Assisted Living, Long Row Lavender in nearby Wright City is a beautiful space selling handmade goods and hosting farm events, workshops and dining in the café. The shop sells body and home care products made right at the farm, including lavender-scented body butters, teas, linen sprays, lotion bars, lip balms and sugar scrubs. Check the site’s calendar for a variety of classes and workshops, such as creating your garden container and making framed pressed flower art. The café provides lunch menu items like sandwiches, as well as coffees and teas.
- Big Joel’s Safari Petting Zoo & Educational Park: Located fewer than 5 miles away from Oak Pointe Assisted Living, Big Joel’s Safari Petting Zoo & Educational Park in Wright City has an array of creatures for animal lovers to get up-close-and-personal to. The walk-through park sits on 15 acres and is divided into an observational zoo and petting zoo, where you can see and interact with primates, hooved mammals like camels and llamas, big cats, sloths, kangaroos, porcupines, wallabies and a variety of birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles. The zoo hosts special fall and holiday seasonal events and is a fun place to visit when young family members come to town.
- Renaissance Wine Garden: The Renaissance Wine Garden is nicknamed the “treehouse winery,” as wine lovers can sip in an actual treehouse on the property, or relax indoors or on the patio. Located around 10 miles away from Oak Pointe Assisted Living in Foristell, the winery offers a variety of house wines, along with a diverse appetizers and snacks, flatbreads, paninis, tacos and desserts. In warmer months, visitors can enjoy brunch at the winery, too.
In addition to Warrenton-area destinations like these, Warrenton is home to several parks, plus an aquatic center and an athletic complex. Various park amenities include a two-story waterslide, shady walking paths, picnic areas, birdwatching, playgrounds, tennis courts, a fishing lake, barbecue grills, volleyball and basketball courts, a dog park area, a disc golf course and a variety of sports fields. Residents can rent out picnic pavilions for a fee.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Oak Pointe
Oak Pointe Assisted Living residents can head out to do things in town, or find an abundance of diverse activities to participate in right at home. Each day, a full calendar of programming offers residents the opportunity to connect, contribute, grow, move and reflect. Some of the sample activities residents might encounter include the following.
- Balloon ball games
- Brain games
- Chair yoga
- Chair Zumba classes
- Coffee groups
- Cooking classes
- Crafts classes
- Crossword puzzles
- Hangman games
- Happy hours
- Jeopardy games
- Matching games
- Meditation classes
- Music exploration classes
- Music relaxation time
- Nail spas
- Newspaper and coffee chats
- Theme and holiday parties
- Therapy dog visits
- UNO card games
- Veterans’ meals
- Word search games
There’s plenty more to do at Oak Pointe Assisted Living. Each day, residents can enjoy chef-prepared, restaurant-style meals with friends and family in the main dining hall, or order in-room dining service. There’s also a beauty and barber salon and lots of relaxing community spaces in the pet-friendly residence.
Residents get access to off-site excursions, too, such as transportation-provided shopping trips. Whatever residents are interested in, the caring and supportive staff at Oak Pointe Assisted Living will try to make it a reality.
Tour Oak Pointe Assisted Living to Learn More About the Community
Oak Pointe Assisted Living also provides memory care services for residents who need them. Residents get the tailored support they need and can pursue their interests at home or in the community.
We invite you to come by for a visit to see if Oak Pointe Assisted Living is right for you or your loved one. Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.