Assisted Living, Memory Care and short-term care are provided at Addington Place in Brunswick, GA, in a beautiful waterfront town in southeast Georgia. Residents get nutritious home-cooked meals, housekeeping and laundry services, extensive safety features, access to personalized wellness care plans and on-site amenities that bring joy to each day.
With a full calendar of daily programming designed to help residents connect, contribute, feel, grow, move and reflect, residents always feel right at home at Addington Place assisted living in Brunswick, GA. Here’s what residents at Addington Place can look forward to, both in the Brunswick area and at the residence.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Brunswick, GA
Brunswick is a coastal Georgia town that was founded in 1771, with the original traditional British town plans in place today. The town has a rich English heritage, which is reflected in its historic Victorian-era buildings and street and square names throughout the town. It’s a wonderful place to live for people who enjoy being near the water and who want to live in a charming town with a friendly community. The following are some notable things to do and explore in Brunswick.
- Get in touch with nature: Brunswick’s proximity to marshlands and the Atlantic coast make it a great place to relax by the water, head out for a boat trip or view native wildlife. The Altama Plantation Wildlife Management Area spans nearly 4,000 acres and offers hunting for deer, waterfowl, small game and turkeys. Visitors can also go fishing here and find geocaching spots. The Georgia Sea Turtle Center offers a unique chance to see sea turtles moving from the ocean to the beach each May through August, as these cute creatures engage in nesting season and lay eggs. There are also evening turtle walks offered in June and July. At the Clayhole Swamp Wildlife Management Area, an 8,555-acre property, visitors can go boating, canoeing, geocaching, fishing, horseback riding or hunting. Brunswick also has dozens of public parks, which include green spaces, orchards, play areas, basketball courts, pavilions and other features.
- Visit Mary Ross Waterfront Park: Mary Ross Waterfront Park is one of Brunswick’s main community gathering spots, where people go for events and to relax and take in the water views, especially at sunset when beautiful colors dot the marshes along the East River. The park includes the Liberty Ship Memorial Plaza, which has a scale model of a Liberty Ship that represents similar ships built during World War II. Other present-day working ships can be seen posted at the waterfront docks, including shrimp boats. There’s also an amphitheater, a staged pavilion and a musical playscape. Every Saturday and select Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Mary Ross Waterfront Park becomes a major destination, as it hosts the Brunswick Bazaar and Farmer’s Market from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Other public events and festivals call the park home, as well.
- See an arts performance: The Ritz Theatre is located in Old Town Brunswick and was built in 1899. For more than a century, it has presented live art performances to residents. It showcases live theater, as well as presents films, exhibits and educational programs. The theater is managed by Golden Isles Arts & Humanities, which hosts other arts performances at various venues in the area, including live concerts.
- Head downtown for First Friday: Every first Friday of the month from 5-8 p.m., Newcastle Street in historic downtown Brunswick comes alive to welcome residents in to browse art in galleries, shop for locally made items, visit local businesses and grab a bite or drink. Many shops offer wine and snacks during the First Friday festivities, and visitors can listen to live music throughout the town’s Signature Squares.
- Support local makers at Crafting Along Newcastle: A perfect complement to the Saturday Farmer’s Market at Mary Ross Waterfront Park, Crafting Along Newcastle takes place every Saturday in the Squares along Newcastle Street in downtown Brunswick. The local arts and crafts fair takes place on various Saturdays throughout the year from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and features crafts including basketry, pottery, jewelry, fabric crafts, photography, wood crafts and leather crafts. Crafting Along Newcastle events also include homemade gourmet food items, making the events a great place to pick up local items or gifts for loved ones.
Brunswick also has lots of tasty restaurants for foodies to try out. Nicknamed the “Shrimp Capital of the World,” local seafood is a must-try in this coastal town.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
At Addington Place assisted living in Brunswick, GA, every day features an array of diverse activities for residents to participate in to connect with other community members and strengthen the mind, body and soul. There are opportunities to get physically active, learn new skills and relax and unwind with others in the community. The following are some of the activities offered right on site at Addington Place of Brunswick.
- Bingo games
- Card games
- Cornhole games
- Craft classes
- Devotional sessions
- Fireside chats with friends
- Gardening clubs
- History classes
- Hot chocolate and snow cone socials
- Movie nights
- Music singalongs
- Pictionary games
- Shuffleboard games
- Stretch and strengthen exercise classes
- Town hall meetings
- Walking clubs
- Watercolor painting classes
- Yoga classes
Addington Place of Brunswick also features a residents’ library, a full-service salon for ladies and gentlemen, a media center, a country kitchen, a whirlpool bath and a movie theater. The community also offers residents off-site excursions, like shopping trips and social outings. Whatever residents are interested in, the caring and enthusiastic team members at Addington Place of Brunswick can help explore ways to make it happen.
See What Life at Addington Place of Brunswick Is Life
Addington Place of Brunswick provides a safe and welcoming community for all levels of senior care. It’s a place where residents can pursue their unique interests while getting the care they need, including personal assistance and on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy.