Relaxing ocean waves and sunny beaches envelop the Florida coastal town of Jupiter in Palm Beach County in southeast Florida. Jupiter’s a sought-after destination for seniors and retirees who want to spend their golden years in a gorgeous location surrounded by water and sunshine. Jupiter’s home to Addington Place of Jupiter, which provides resort-style independent living for residents of Jupiter, FL.
At Addington Place of Jupiter, residents get all their daily needs taken care of, from chef-prepared restaurant-style dining, to on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy. There’s also a full-service salon at the residence, plus a private library and movie theater with stadium-style seating.
From on-site activities to attractions in town in Jupiter, there’s always something fun to do when you live at Addington Place in Jupiter, FL. Here’s what residents can look forward to.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Jupiter, FL
Jupiter is a top beach destination in Florida, but it’s also known for its fresh seafood restaurants that make it a sought-after foodie town. From activities on or near the water, to attractions on dry land, the following are some of the top things to do in Jupiter.
- Visit a beach: Jupiter has several breathtaking beaches to visit, including dog-friendly beaches where you can let your furry friend run around off-leash. There’s Carlin Park, which also has lighted tennis courts, bocce courts, pickleball courts, picnic pavilions and shelters, a playground, a sand volleyball court, softball fields and a 1.25-mile exercise course with 20 stations. Carlin Park is also home to the Seabreeze Amphitheater, which hosts up to 2,000 people for concerts, theater performances and movies by the beach. Ocean Cay Park offers saltwater fishing, sand volleyball courts and picnic shelters. DuBois Park facilitates canoeing, fishing, kayaking and snorkeling activities among its turquoise lagoons, as well as has a playground and picnic areas.
- Check out the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum: The Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum welcomes visitors to learn more about Jupiter history, preserved by the Loxahatchee River Historical Society. Visitors can climb the lighthouse, take a guided tour to learn about Jupiter’s maritime history and explore the historic grounds. The venue hosts special events, as well, including twilight yoga, sunset tours, moonrise tours and historian lectures.
- See wildlife at the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary: Admission to the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary is by donation and offers visitors lots of neat wildlife and nature to take in. The sanctuary features a walking trail through pine flatwoods, cypress wetlands and oak hammocks. Along the way, visitors can see rescue animals including foxes, tortoises, parrots, turtles, panthers, black bears, river otters, water birds, bobcats, alligators, birds of prey, crocodiles, skunks, opossums, eagles, deer, turkeys, raccoons and more. The center also has a kid-friendly Discovery Center with interactive exhibits, as well as hosts animal painting sessions, where animals from the center “paint” using their limbs for unique artworks to take home.
- Watch a spring training game at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium: For baseball lovers, Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium provides a chance to see Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball teams in action. The stadium is home to the St. Louis Cardinals and Miami Marlins spring training home games, as well as hosts the Palm Beach Cardinals and Jupiter Hammerheads during baseball season. Spring training games are a great way to get up-close-and-personal with professional and soon-to-be Major League players, in an intimate setting.
- Head to Downtown Abacoa: Downtown Abacoa has a ton of dining, shopping, entertainment and local business options to explore. Downtown Abacoa regularly hosts community events, like Food Truck Fridays and free outdoor concerts in the Abacoa Amphitheater. Every Wednesday from 5:30-8:30 p.m., there’s also the Downtown Abacoa Green Market, featuring local farm-fresh produce, handmade artisan goods and specialty vendors from in town.
- Shop or dine with a water view at downtown Harbourside Place: Harbourside Place is another downtown Jupiter shopping, dining and entertainment destination. There are eight restaurants, 16 retail shops and a waterfront amphitheater that hosts at least two days of live music concerts a week. There are also special events like outdoor movies and yoga on the waterfront, as well as the weekly Sunday Waterfront Market, with local handmade and artisan goods for sale from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Beyond Jupiter, residents can take a short drive down to West Palm Beach, Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale, which are all within around 60 miles of Jupiter. Miami is around 85 miles away, so there are endless options for places to explore along the Florida coast for quick day or weekend trips when you want a getaway.
A Look at Independent Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
If you’re more in the mood to have fun at home, Addington Place of Jupiter has a full schedule of daily programming designed to support physical, mental and spiritual health for residents. There’s a variety of activities residents can participate in right on-site each day, like the following.
- Balance exercise classes
- Balloon volleyball
- Card games
- Chair yoga
- Educational lectures
- Garden club
- Happy hour
- Ice cream socials
- Painting classes
- Prayer services
- Resident council
- Rummikub, canasta and bridge
- Water aerobics
Residents can also relax in the space’s beautifully landscaped courtyards and sitting areas. There’s also a working kitchen available for cooking demonstrations and cook-offs.
Addington Place of Jupiter also coordinates resident off-site excursions, including shopping trips to Walmart, Publix and Dollar Tree. Whatever you’re interested in, the caring staff at Addington Place of Jupiter can help make it happen.
See Yourself at Addington Place of Jupiter
If you’re looking for a place to call home, Addington Place of Jupiter provides a welcoming, comfortable, relaxing community where you can pursue your interests and enjoy life every day. We offer transportation services, housekeeping, laundry, personalized care plans and more, based on each resident’s unique needs.
If you’re interested in what life is like at Addington Place of Jupiter, find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.