Florida is the most popular state in the country for retirees for good reason. The Sunshine State has gorgeous weather year-round, plus beautiful beaches and coastal views that make it a peaceful place to call home. The welcoming city of Stuart along the Atlantic Coast is known as the “Sailfish Capital of the World”, a boating destination that provides relaxing scenery and lots to do for residents.
The small city is also home to Addington Place of Stuart, the area’s top destination for independent living in Stuart, FL. This resort-style residence offers everything seniors could want in a home, including chef-prepared meals, a fully equipped fitness center, a spacious pool and spa, entertainment centers and a movie theater, plus expert staff who ensure resident safety. If you love the ocean and outdoors and want access to convenient amenities right where you live, learn why Addington Place of Stuart could be your dream home.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Stuart, FL
The Stuart, FL, community is one of the top places in the country where seniors enjoy their golden years. If you love the water, you’ll be surrounded by it, as Stuart is located along the Treasure Coast south of Vero Beach and north of Palm Beach. Whether you have an active lifestyle or like more leisurely activities, Stuart offers plenty of options, including the following.
- Dip your toes in the sand: Stuart is home to several beaches, where you can listen to the waves of the ocean or head out for a dip in the water. Stuart Beach has beach volleyball courts, basketball courts, covered picnic areas and a café. Bathtub Beach has a reef system that’s home to more than 500 marine animals, including sea turtles. Jensen Beach, near local shops and restaurants, offers fishing.
- Learn about nature at the Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center: The Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center in Stuart is a 57-acre marine nature center on Hutchinson Island. It includes a Rays on the Reef Stingray Interaction Aquarium, a Sea Turtle Pavilion, a Sea Star Touch Tank Pavilion, nature trails and a 750,000-gallon Game Fish Lagoon. Each day, there are stingray feeding programs, game fish feeding programs and sea turtle programs for visitors to take part in.
- Visit historic downtown Stuart: The historic downtown Stuart area is home to more than 50 locally owned restaurants, shops and art galleries, and features more than a dozen murals painted on outdoor walls. Check out locally sourced ingredients, especially seafood, at one of the fine dining or casual restaurants. Boutiques offer clothing, jewelry and home décor, including beach-friendly goods and resortwear. Geoffrey C. Smith Galleries features fine art including bronze sculptures and paintings on display and for sale. Plus, every Sunday, the Market on Main at Flagler Park offers local produce and goods for sale, while the Rock’N Riverwalk at the Riverwalk Stage puts on live music concerts on Sunday afternoons.
- See a show at the Lyric Theatre: The Lyric Theatre, also located in historic downtown Stuart, is the city’s best place to see a live theater production or concert by local and nationally touring artists. The theater offers diverse entertainment, ranging from tribute and cover bands, to classical music concerts, to family-friendly theater shows. The space also hosts movie showings, including free films during the summer, as well as presents various art and education events.
- Support Stuart arts: The MartinArts Council coordinates many of the art events that take place in Stuart and the surrounding area. Check out the council’s Cultural Calendar to find free weekly arts activities, including concerts, theater productions and community field trips to local cultural spots. The council also manages the Court House Cultural Center, which has galleries exhibiting local, regional and international visual artists, with artwork for sale. The annual downtown ArtsFest has been held for more than three decades, and features visual art in categories like painting, drawing, photography, glass, wood and sculpture, as well as jewelry and crafts accompanied by local food vendors and live music.
There are also lots of parks, museums and gardens to explore throughout the Stuart area. It’s a great place to escape in nature for the day, or connect with other community members while supporting a local business or community organization.
A Look at Independent Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
In addition to getting out around town in Stuart, Addington Place of Stuart offers full days of programming right on site. From arts and crafts classes, to exercise and spirituality-themed programs, there are lots of ways residents can cultivate strong minds, bodies and spirits at Addington Place of Stuart. The following is a sample of the programming Addington Place of Stuart offers.
- Balloon toss
- Bowling league
- Card games
- Chair yoga
- Evening game shows
- Guided reflection time
- Happy hour
- Live music entertainment
- Movie showings
- Music therapy
- Painting classes
- Pet therapy
- Pool exercise classes
- Religious services
- Resident birthday celebrations
- Resident volunteer opportunities
- Specialty lectures
- Stretch and strengthen exercise classes
- Water aerobics
- Wheel of Fortune
- Wii sports
Addington Place of Stuart also has a private library, a whirlpool bath, an outdoor pool and hot tub, a full-service salon and a business center. There are diverse dining options available right on site, including meals in a formal dining room, a private dining space for special events, a garden café bistro for casual dining and a bar area for cocktails.
Besides finding things to do right at Addington Place of Stuart, residents can also look forward to off-site excursions with provided transportation, like scenic drives, movie outings and lunch and dinner outings.
See What Life at Addington Place of Stuart Is Like
If you’re looking for a safe and secure, welcoming, pet-friendly senior community for yourself or a loved one, Addington Place of Stuart provides a lot to look forward to. With an endless array of entertainment options right at home, plus desirable destinations and attractions located close by, this resort-style community provides it all.