The city of Titusville in Florida is a welcoming community with relaxing beach scenery, lots of history to explore and beautiful sunny days all year-round. If you’re looking for assisted living Titusville for yourself or a loved one, Addington Place of Titusville offers an array of amenities on site, in a convenient location that’s close to all the attractions and events in town.
At Addington Place of Titusville, residents have everything they need right at home, from three chef-prepared meals at the residence each day, to support and safety features coordinated by a caring staff. Residents can participate in a variety of social activities within the community, to lead active lifestyles while getting the assistance they need. Life at Addington Place of Titusville enables seniors to enjoy their golden years in a beautiful community surrounded by the splendor of this desirable Florida beach city.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Titusville, FL
Florida is consistently a top place for retirees for good reason. As the Sunshine State, Florida boasts comfortable weather most days of the year and features serene beaches surrounding its coastal communities. Titusville is located on what’s known as the “Space Coast,” due to the area’s rich space history and contemporary astronaut and rocket adventures into space. The following are some of the top things to do in Titusville.
- Learn about space exploration: Right in your neighborhood, you might be able to see a rocket launch into space along Florida’s Space Coast in Titusville. The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is close by in Merritt Island, with exhibits on NASA space exploration and various educational programs. Titusville is also home to the American Space Museum & Space Walk of Fame, which features exhibits like the Women of Space Gallery, Mercury / Gemini Gallery, Apollo Gallery, Space Shuttle Gallery, Cape Canaveral Gallery and additional rotating galleries.
- Walk along the Canaveral National Seashore: The Canaveral National Seashore is the longest stretch of undeveloped Atlantic coastline in Florida. Part of the National Park Service, activities you can partake in there include fishing, trail hiking, walking paths, rocket launch viewing, boating and kayaking. The seashore connects to Apollo Beach, which offers a beach wheelchair that’s available for checkout, as well as leads to Playalinda Beach, which offers rocket launch views. You can also visit the archaeological site Turtle Mound, which is composed primarily of oyster shells.
- Visit the historic Pritchard House: The Pritchard House is a historic Titusville home built in 1891, modeled in Queen Anne architecture style. The house is available to visit for daily tours led by costumed docents, during which visitors can see antique furniture, accessories, vintage collections of household goods, vintage fashion, vintage toys and other artifacts, as well as outdoor areas including gardens. The site also hosts various events each month, including tea parties, pioneer days, special exhibits and seasonal events.
- See a show at the Titusville Playhouse: For nearly six decades, the Titusville Playhouse has brought live entertainment to its stage. Before every performance, anyone, including non-ticketed visitors, can stop by the playhouse to listen to live music, grab a bite from a food truck and drink local cocktails. The theater presents plays, improv shows, drag performances and other events. There are also kid-friendly shows and audience-participation events, like live midnight performances of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
- Head to downtown Titusville: Downtown Titusville is a bustling hub of shops, restaurants and attractions. Visit a local brewery, eat some of the area’s famed local rock shrimp or see a live local performance there. There’s also a launch viewing area where you can watch the latest space adventure take off.
Titusville is also home to an abundance of nature areas, including the 470-acre Enchanted Forest Sanctuary, the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge that’s home to seasonal turtle walks, and an extensive trail network for pedestrians and cyclists. You can also visit the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum, which features 11,000 artifacts dedicated to American law enforcement. For all types of interests, Titusville has something exciting or relaxing to offer residents and visitors.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
When residents aren’t heading out into town to see what’s happening around Titusville, there’s plenty to do right on site at Addington Place of Titusville. Each day is packed with programming designed to support physical, mental and spiritual health. Residents can participate and connect with other community members, explore new hobbies and pursue their interests. Here’s a sample of the assisted living programming offered at Addington Place of Titusville.
- Activity packs
- Balloon volleyball
- Carpenter classes
- Chair yoga classes
- Chili cookoffs
- Community town hall meetings
- Cooking classes
- Cornhole games
- Crafts classes
- Crochet circles
- Crossword puzzles
- Current events discussions
- Exercise classes
- Get to know your neighbor walk-and-talk events
- Live music concerts
- Movies and popcorn
- Nature walks
- Nutrition socials
- Puzzle time
- Resident birthday celebrations and happy hours
- Scrabble games
- Sequence games
- Sip and paint classes
- Tea socials
- Themed lunches, such as luaus with hula dancers and steel drum performances
- Travel tales storytelling
- UNO and other card games
- Veterans group community gatherings
- Volunteer opportunities
- Wii games
- Word search games
Addington Place of Titusville also has an on-site, full-service beauty salon, plus outdoor courtyards, a media center and a variety of community areas and sitting areas in the pet-friendly community. Residents can also participate in off-site excursions with transportation provided, including shopping trips, restaurant outings and scenic drives. Whatever residents are interested in, they’re encouraged to connect with staff, as new programming can be added to the calendar to support residents’ diverse interests.
See What Life Is Like at Addington Place of Titusville
If you’d like to tour Addington Place of Titusville for yourself or your loved one, we welcome you to stop by and visit our community. We also offer memory care services, as well as short-term care options for residents and caregivers who want to try a short-term stay. Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.