Atlanta offers everything seniors could want for a healthy and active lifestyle. There’s beautiful nature, an abundance of cultural and entertainment options, major sports leagues and a vibrant, welcoming community.
The fast-growing capital of Georgia continues to attract seniors and retirees who are looking for a beautiful place to live. The Renaissance on Peachtree residence offers independent living and assisted living services for seniors, with daily essential services provided on-site, including meals, laundry services and 24-hour professional caregiving.
If you’re looking for independent living in Atlanta for yourself or a loved one, here’s what to expect in a day of the life as a Renaissance on Peachtree resident.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta is one of the country’s most attraction-filled cities. It has become a major hub for the film and television industry and has fun things to do for people with all types of interests. From heading out to visit a museum or a few for the day, to checking out a performance by an internationally renowned musician or theater act, Atlanta has it all.
- Museums: Atlanta is one of the country’s most diverse cultural destinations, with much to learn and explore throughout the city’s many museums. The Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park is one of the city’s most popular sites, with tours of the civil rights activist’s birth home open daily. Art lovers can see exhibits by historical greats at the High Museum of Art and by African-American artists at the Hammonds House Museum, while history buffs can check out the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, the National Center for Civil and Human Rights and the Atlanta History Center.
- Parks and trails: The concrete jungle of Atlanta is surrounded by greenery, with an array of parks and trails for walking, biking, hiking and exploring. The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area is a beloved Georgia nature destination, with tons of trails, picnic areas, streams and ponds. Piedmont Park is another sought-out nature spot in Atlanta, spanning more than 200 acres. The park hosts nature conservancy events, coordinates hour-long walking tours with docent guides, presents greenhouse skills workshops and fishing classes, hosts bi-monthly trivia nights and more. There are lots of other parks scattered throughout Atlanta when you want to escape into nature.
- Dining and wineries: Atlanta is a top foodie destination for Southern cuisine and soul food favorites, like barbecue, fried chicken and burgers. Plus, it’s also home to diverse international cuisine options and modern vegetarian and vegan dishes. In downtown Atlanta alone, you can find more than 300 restaurants serving a variety of palates. Be sure to try a local peach dish, or head to a local peach farm or orchard to pick the fresh fruit yourself. Atlanta is also close to several wineries in north Georgia, which offer walk-in wine tastings, picnics and idyllic scenery.
- Sports: Atlanta’s a great city to live in if you enjoy sports. The city has major league teams in basketball, football, soccer, baseball, lacrosse and ruby. There are also big college games at universities like Georgia Tech and Georgia State University. With a large sports infrastructure, Atlanta has hosted major events like the Super Bowl, Summer Olympics and NCAA Final Four tournaments. In 2026, it will be the site of FIFA World Cup games. Residents can check out a professional or college game, or visit Centennial Olympic Park to see landmarks related to the city’s rich global sports history.
- Arts and entertainment: For music and theater lovers, there’s always something exciting happening in Atlanta. The Fox Theatre hosts more than 150 performances a year in its 4,665-seat theater, spanning Broadway shows to rock concerts. For more live music options, the Center Stage theater includes three live music venues that feature popular touring acts. It’s a short walk away from the Center for Puppetry Arts, which hosts more than 600 puppetry performances and more than 50 educational programs a year, as well as features more than 5,000 puppets and artifacts on display.
If you’re interested in more intimate, community-focused activities, Atlanta has plenty of those, too. Local shops and businesses frequently hold classes and events, while Atlanta has a strong network of recreation centers that help seniors connect in the community.
A Look at Independent Living Programming at Renaissance on Peachtree
Residents at Renaissance on Peachtree also get access to a full offering of daily programming activities right on site. There are classes, social gatherings, group fitness training and more offered each day. Some of the sample activities at Renaissance on Peachtree include:
- Afternoon tea parties
- Art lectures
- Arts and crafts classes
- Birthday parties
- Book club
- Current events discussions
- Exercise and tai chi classes
- Flower arrangement classes
- Food and cocktail tastings
- Happy hours
- History lectures
- Hot cocoa bars
- Knit and crochet groups
- Live music
- Movie nights
- Music therapy
- Pen pal club
- Popcorn toss games
- Yoga and stretch classes
Residents also have access to the on-site arts and crafts studio, fitness center, library and media center, movie theater and living and activity rooms to pursue their own hobbies. There are also restaurant-style meals served in the dining room, plus a full-service beauty salon and spa.
In addition to activities on-site, Renaissance on Peachtree also coordinates off-site excursions for residents with transportation provided, such as shopping trips. For a comfortable, convenient and hassle-free lifestyle, Renaissance on Peachtree accommodates residents.
Take a Tour of Renaissance on Peachtree
If you’re interested in safe and secure independent senior living for yourself or a loved one, we welcome you to tour Renaissance on Peachtree. Our pet-friendly community welcomes residents to beautiful Atlanta, where there’s always plenty to do in the city and right at home.
We also offer short-term stays, including if you want to try out the community, as well as assisted living services for residents in need of more personalized care. Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.