A developed suburb of Atlanta, Snellville in Georgia has small-town charm and a convenient location that’s less than an hour’s drive to the big city. Snellville is home to The Sheridan at Eastside, a premiere senior living community that offers Independent Living options, as well as Assisted Living, Memory Care and short-term care services.
At The Sheridan at Eastside, residents have access to everything they could want at home, including delicious chef-prepared meals, daily activities, amenities like housekeeping and linen service, and 24-hour professional staff. There’s lots to enjoy in town in Snellville and right at home at The Sheridan at Eastside. Here’s what a day in the life of Independent Living at The Sheridan at Eastside might look like.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Snellville, GA
In 2021, the U.S. Census Bureau reported Snellville was home to a little more than 20,000 residents. Residents enjoy the community’s parks and recreation program, summer concerts, movies in the park, eclectic restaurants and shops, and special events. Some of the top things for seniors to do in Snellville include the following:
- T.W. Briscoe Park: T.W. Briscoe Park provides 95 acres of green space in Snellville, including a lake and water features, lots of trees and shaded areas, exercise stations, and walking and running spaces. It’s a great place to come to relax and take in the sights, or get active outdoors. There are also indoor rental facilities, outdoor pavilions and a gazebo available for rental for various functions. Visitors can also use the multipurpose fields, basketball courts, accessible playgrounds, tennis courts and outdoor pool.
- Snellville Farmers’ Market: Since 2010, the Snellville Farmers’ Market has brought delicious farm-fresh produce and local artisan goods to the Snellville community. During the extended season, typically from October through May, the market takes place on the first and third Saturdays of each month from 9 a.m. to noon in the Snellville City Hall parking lot. In addition to food, visitors can find a changing lineup of local craft vendors selling homemade objects, like flower vases and pet goods.
- Snellville Towne Green: The Snellville Towne Green is a popular community gathering place for residents in Snellville. It’s home to the summer Live on the Lawn concert series, featuring popular acts and tribute bands, with VIP table access and food trucks for several shows each summer. It also hosts the annual July Fourth Star Spangled Snellville celebration, as well as Snellville Tourism and Trade events like food trucks and festivals. There’s also an annual Snellville Beach Blast, which transforms the Snellville Towne Green into a beach oasis with more than 70 tons of sand.
- Snellville dining: Snellville is known for classic Southern cuisine, but foodies have lots of diverse options to explore with an array of restaurants throughout Snellville. Some top options include Italian food at Provino’s Italian restaurant, Mexican food at El Jinete Mexican restaurant, Chinese food at Mah Jong Chinese restaurant and seafood at Bonefish Grill. The Snellville Towne Green also hosts Food Truck Fridays on the first Friday of every month from June through October from 4-8 p.m., with DJ music. From casual to fine dining, steakhouse to vegetarian, there are options for every palate in Snellville.
- Snellville holiday events: Snellville residents should keep their eyes open for big annual holiday community events, too. The annual Fall Festival typically takes place every October at the Snellville Towne Green, featuring a variety of craft vendors, food trucks, live entertainment and a costume contest for pets, kids, teens and adults. Also every year, an annual Christmas tree lighting and lighted Christmas parade kick off the annual Snellville Festival of Trees, which runs in November and December. Holiday events include cookie decorating, ornament decorating and s’mores for the community.
Snellville’s parks and recreation department also hosts special classes and events, including martial arts classes, Jazzercise and family fun days. There are also adult athletic leagues in Snellville, for pursuits like softball and flag football.
For nature lovers, just around 10 miles away from Snellville is Stone Mountain Park. The park offers a skyrise attraction, a scenic railroad, a museum and historic square, adventure golf, and more.
A Look at Independent Living Programming at The Sheridan at Eastside
Right at home at The Sheridan at Eastside, there are lots of things for residents to do. Daily activities help residents pursue interests like culture and the arts, lectures and learning, leadership and volunteerism, recreation and entertainment, spiritual health and religion, fitness and strength, and travel. A sample of the activities offered each day at The Sheridan at Eastside include the following.
- Beer tastings
- Board games
- Book clubs
- Bridge club
- Card craft classes
- Cooking classes
- Current events discussions
- Fall prevention exercise classes
- Happy hours
- Jewelry making
- Knitting clubs
- Laughter yoga
- Live music performances
- Mahjong club
- Men’s and women’s coffee and chat groups
- Movie nights
- Painting classes
- Poker and card clubs
- Puzzles, word searches and crosswords
- Religious services
- Singing groups
- Stretching classes
- Tai chi classes
- Tea parties
- Technology classes
- Ted talks
- Walking clubs
- Wii bowling
- Zumba classes
The Sheridan at Eastside also provides residents with off-site excursion activities, like shopping trips. At the residence, community members can also use the creative art studio, exercise gym, outdoor swimming pool, cards room, assisted bathing spa, and barber and beauty salon.
The Sheridan at Eastside is a pet-friendly community and provides restaurant-style dining on-site as well. Feel right at home in our Independent Living community that provides residents with the exact level of support they need.
Visit The Sheridan at Eastside to Tour the Community
If you’re interested in seeing what life is like at The Sheridan at Eastside, we invite you to stop in and tour our spacious Independent Living community. See why residents love calling The Sheridan at Eastside in Snellville home.