For loved ones of seniors in need of memory care services, The Estate at Hyde Park provides a supportive, lively and safe residential environment. The Estate at Hyde Park offers 24-hour, on-site care, while enabling residents to lead meaningful lives pursuing the activities they’re interested in. Located in beautiful Tampa, FL, The Estate at Hyde Park memory care is a popular residential option with plenty to do both on site and in town.
If you’re interested in memory care for your loved one, here’s a look at what a day in the life of an Estate at Hyde Park resident might look like.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Tampa, FL
Tampa, FL, is surrounded by Gulf Coast waters and neighboring beaches, plus an abundance of city life destinations and serene nature. There’s so much the city offers for seniors and their families. With nationally renowned attractions, entertainment, dining and cultural destinations, Tampa’s a great place for seniors to call home.
Some enjoyable options for seniors in Tampa include:
- See local wildlife: Tampa’s an ideal location for animal lovers. There are lots of animal-filled attractions, plus plenty of wildlife surrounding residents in their natural habitats. The Florida Aquarium in Tampa is a relaxing destination where visitors can get up-close to marine and coastal wildlife. The aquarium features exhibits dedicated to coral reefs, Florida wetlands, stingrays, species native to Madagascar and much more. Also in Tampa, ZooTampa at Lowry Park contains a variety of diverse species. Exhibits divide animals into types from Florida, Asia, Africa and other global habitats.
- Head out on the water: Since gorgeously sunny Tampa is surrounded by water, it’s fun to head out on a boat excursion just about any time of year in this relatively warm city. Tampa offers lots of enjoyable boat adventures, including: sightseeing and sunset charter boat tours from Tampa Bay Fun Boat; daily tours and drop-offs for Tampa destinations via the Pirate Water Taxi; dolphin and manatee cocktail tours by Totally Tiki Tours; and interactive pirate cruises on the Lost Pearl. Tampa also offers lots of fishing charters and tours for those who want to head out and catch something themselves.
- Catch a show at the theater: As a major city, Tampa attracts some of the top entertainment acts from around the globe. The Straz Center for the Performing Arts is a leading Tampa destination for theater performances like touring Broadway shows, as well as live music concerts. The Tampa Theatre hosts notable touring comedians and presents thought-provoking film festivals. At Stageworks Theatre, you can see professional theater productions in the city’s longest-running local theater. That’s just a sampling of performing arts venues you can find in Tampa, with a variety of large to intimate theaters presenting lots of entertainment options.
- Relax in nature: Tampa is home to nearly 200 parks that offer lots of amenities and relaxation for getting in touch with nature. There are trails and hiking available for active residents, and lots of picnic tables, ramadas and spaces to sit for more peaceful outings. Many parks have accessibility and adaptive recreation adoptions, and Tampa residents can also find on-site park attractions like pickleball courts, dog parks, basketball courts, pools, tennis courts and recreation centers. If you’re interested in a beach day, there are four main beaches along the Tampa Bay shore that are open from sunrise to sunset. Beach and park picnic shelters are available for reservation on a first come, first serve basis.
- Eat a delicious meal with local ingredients: Foodies love Tampa because of its fresh seafood selection, due to its close proximity to the water, and because of its roots in relation to the world-famous Cuban sandwich. Downtown Tampa has an array of restaurant selections, plus breweries and rooftop bars with excellent views of the city. Tampa also hosts several farmers markets, including the weekly Ybor City Saturday Market. From fine dining to casual sandwich and ice cream shops, Tampa has mouthwatering options for every taste.
Tampa’s home to so many other interesting sights and attractions, including challenging golf courses, major league sports, close proximity to cruise takeoffs, diverse live music, museums and so much more. Tampa is a big city with a friendly community feel. Its warm weather and sunny days make it one of the most desirable locations in the country for seniors to reside in.
A Look at Memory Care Programming Offered at the Estate at Hyde Park
There’s lots to do around the city of Tampa, as well as an abundance of activities offered right at home at The Estate at Hyde Park. Memory care residents can participate in a full schedule of activities each day that foster connection, contribution, movement and reflection. Some of the sample activities for residents at The Estate at Hyde Park memory care include:
- Afternoon movie time and movie nights
- Beach ball volleyball
- Book clubs
- Brain aerobics games
- Card games
- Chair exercise classes
- Chair yoga
- Cooking clubs
- Craft classes
- Dice games
- Evening game nights
- Evening snack times
- Exercise with weights
- Fact or fiction games
- Family Feud games
- Game show games
- Gardening clubs
- Group reading clubs
- Hand massages and manicures
- Jeopardy games
- Morning stretches
- Music appreciation classes
- News and views discussions
- Painting classes
- Puzzles and word searches
- Range of motion exercise classes
- Reminiscing and storytelling sessions
- Resident council meetings
- Table top games
- Trivia nights
The Estate at Hyde Park also takes residents to weekly lunch outings at Tampa restaurants, as well as special trips to local shops. We also have a relaxing secured courtyard and patio, a rehabilitation gym, restaurant-style dining with three meals plus snacks each day, and a beauty salon and barber shop.
It’s easy for residents to make friends, pursue their passions and new hobbies, and connect with others in our welcoming pet-friendly community.
Visit The Estate at Hyde Park Memory Care Residence
We invite you and your loved one to visit The Estate at Hyde Park to learn more about our memory care residence. Our team truly cares about each resident’s happiness and success. We work with families and caregivers to ensure the best possible care, while enabling residents to live fulfilling lifestyles that support their interests.
To learn more about The Estate at Hyde Park memory care services, find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.