Addington Place of Johns Creek provides Assisted Living services in this beautiful suburb of Georgia’s capital city of Atlanta. Seniors in the Addington Place of Johns Creek residence have access to helpful amenities, including health care assistance, trained and certified caregiving, housekeeping, laundry, fresh restaurant-style meal preparation, wellness programs and on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy.
There’s also a full schedule of daily programming residents can participate in right on site, including exercise classes, arts and cultural programming, social outings and more. Here’s what residents at Addington Place Assisted Living in Johns Creek, GA, can look forward to when living in the community.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Johns Creek, GA
Johns Creek is an up-and-coming city around an hour’s drive away from Atlanta. It was incorporated in 2006 and has a great sense of community and lots of attractions for residents to pursue. Its name comes from the eight-mile Chattahoochee River tributary that runs through the center of town. From nature, to fine dining, to entertainment, Johns Creek has something for all types of interests. The following are some of the top things to check out in the area.
- Autrey Mill: Autrey Mill is a 46-acre nature preserve that includes three miles of scenic walking trails, a historic village that details the area’s heritage and animal exhibits that feature more than 30 different animals, including reptiles, goats, ducks and snakes. Visitors can wander the property and view the animals, or book a special goat walking session to learn about goat husbandry and take the animals on a walk. Feeding Fridays give visitors the opportunity to get hands-on husbandry experience with the preserve’s animals and watch animal feedings. Sunday Socials offer visitors craft demonstrations at one of the property’s historic buildings. There’s also a Living Lab designed to help young children learn more about the nature they encounter at the preserve, which makes this attraction great for the whole family to visit.
- Chattahoochee River: The Chattahoochee River, which includes Johns Creek, is a popular place to relax and take in nature and water views along the Chattahoochee National Recreation Area trail. Residents can also go river tubing, canoeing, rafting or fishing, or set up a picnic along the water.
- Newtown Park: Newtown Park has tons to do for Johns Creek residents. The 18-hectare park has a small lake and lots of relaxing nature to admire. It’s also home to the Park Place Senior Center, which has programming like yoga, book clubs, art classes, bridge games and more. The park also has three bocce courts, two miles of trails, athletic fields, basketball courts, a dog park, playgrounds, tennis courts, pickleball courts and picnic pavilions. The park also features the Veterans Memorial Walk, a five-acre memorial that pays tribute to those who have served in the U.S. Armed Services. There’s also a community clubhouse at the park that’s available for rental. At the park’s community garden, any Johns Creek resident can apply to reserve a small garden plot for flower, vegetable, fruit or herb planting and tending.
- Mark Burkhalter Amphitheater: The Mark Burkhalter Amphitheater is a popular Johns Creek venue for live outdoor music. It has covered seating for up to 400 people and can fit 1,000 more attendees on the terraced grass lawn. From May through October, the Summer Concert Series hosts free monthly shows with food from food trucks, beer and wine available for purchase.
- Johns Creek Arts Center: Johns Creek Arts Center is a must-visit destination for art lovers in Johns Creek. The center has dozens of visual arts classes for adults, including adaptive, ceramic arts, colored pencil, drawing, jewelry, garden, digital art, oil, mixed media, sewing and fashion arts, silk painting and watercolor classes, in addition to writing classes. The center presents rotating exhibits that showcase student artworks, so whether you want to learn a craft yourself or view the local talent, the space has something for everyone.
Since Addington Place of Johns Creek is so close to Atlanta, it’s easy for residents and their loved ones to take day trips to the capital, too. Atlanta has professional sports teams including the Atlanta Falcons football team, Atlanta Braves baseball team and Atlanta Hawks basketball team. Atlanta’s also home to notable attractions like the Atlanta Botanical Garden, the Georgia Aquarium, the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site and the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
At home at Addington Place of Johns Creek, residents also have a full calendar of daily programming designed to help residents pursue their passions and explore new interests. With a mission to help residents move, connect, contribute, grow, feel and reflect, the following are some of the types of activities residents at Addington Place of Johns Creek can participate in.
- Aromatherapy classes
- Art lectures
- Arts and crafts classes
- Baking clubs
- Brain games, like word searches and crossword puzzles
- Card games
- Card making classes
- Chair exercise classes
- Fishing clubs
- Garden clubs
- Movie nights with popcorn
- Music singalongs
- Nail spas and hand massages
- Nature walks
- Outdoor walking clubs
- Pet therapy sessions
- Social hours and happy hours
- Spiritual services
- Tea parties
- Yahtzee games
- Yoga and stretching classes
Residents also have access to an on-site media center, country kitchen, courtyards and outdoor spaces, full-service beauty shop and barber shop, and a community living room and sitting rooms. In addition to several scheduled activities at the residence each day, Addington Place of Johns Creek coordinates off-site excursions, for events like restaurant meals. For seniors who are interested in learning a new skill, trying a new hobby or meeting other people and making friends, Addington Place of Johns Creek provides lots of opportunities.
See What Life Is Like at Addington Place of Johns Creek
Addington Place of Johns Creek welcomes residents to its beautiful community. Assisted living residents get all of their daily needs met, in a safe and caring environment. If you’d like to learn more about Addington Place of Johns Creek for yourself or a loved one, find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.