The health and safety of our residents and employees is our primary concern, and we are closely monitoring all developments with respect to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking action to align with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and other expert organizations for the latest updates and guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19. Our communities are supported by a task force to aid us with preparation, communication, and management of the COVID-19 outbreak.
This global pandemic has necessitated a number of changes in Senior Lifestyle affiliated communities. All of this is in an effort to protect our residents, our team members, and others in the community.
As we work to maintain safe and healthy communities for our residents and team members, each community will be working closely with local and state departments to guide us through our re-opening phases and requirements.
We continue to follow a restricted visitor policy, along with other social distancing and infection control protocols. As always, our processes are subject to change as we review guidance from federal, state, and local officials, and we will continue to provide updates on a regular basis. We will also continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the CDC.
Our priority, as always, is the health and safety of our residents and team members. We thank you for your support and are looking forward to establishing a new normal at each of our valued communities!
In order to mitigate the risk of contagion to as many residents as possible, we have implemented the following changes. Senior Lifestyle affiliated communities have implemented the following guidelines:
- We have provided renewed education and training for our teams on preventative measures such as hand washing, disinfecting, infection control policies and procedures, and social distancing.
- Everyone entering our community must wear a face mask.
- Every assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care resident is monitored on every shift, including temperature, O2 saturation levels, and observed for any change in condition.
- Employees are screened at the start, middle, and end of each shift.
- We have trained our teams to conduct daily team members and essential visitors screenings, as well as regular residents health checks.
- Our programming team has created activities that maintain healthy social distancing to help entertain and engage you during this difficult time.
- We encourage our residents to stay connected to your family and friends through virtual visits. We have resources available to arrange virtual visits.
- In the event we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our community we will follow the CDC guidance for confirmed cases in healthcare settings. This guidance includes processes to minimize chances for exposure including isolation and adherence to personal protection protocols.
How we are taking action:
Sanitization & Safety Measures at Our Communities
All community procedures are under the direction of federal, state and local guidelines as they pertain to visitors, dining, programming, and new resident move ins. This includes:
- Complying with CDC, state and local guidelines
- We partner with national labs to provide testing to staff and residents
- New two step move-in process for new residents
- Everyone entering our community wears a face mask and is screened
- Residents are monitored for temperatures, oxygen levels, and condition changes
- Routinely disinfecting high-touch areas
- Practice proper social distancing, hand washing, and wearing proper PPE
We Work With Medical Providers
We’re determined to maintain a safe, enriching community where you can live well, know you’re safe, and maintain your dignity and sense of purpose. That’s why we:
- Welcome your PCP (primary care physician) for visits
- Receive other visiting specialists you may require, such as podiatrists, psychiatrists, social workers, would care technicians, physical therapists, and hospice workers
- Communicate directly with your PCP and specialists to watch over your well-being
- Assist with services including medication changes and reviews, lab tests, and a variety of other support services.
Our Part at Home
Just as we train our staff on the proper precautions to take while at a community, we brief staff members on how to extend safety measures into their homes. We encourage our team to:
- Socially distance and wear a mask outside of work
- Avoid crowded spaces
- Use caution when in public places and running errands
- Partake in safe activities such as walking and reading
- Limit contact with those outside of their homes
- Place their health and resident safety first
Tours, Admissions and Visitors
At Senior Lifestyle, we are committed to following all CDC and state guidelines, and make our visit and move-in procedures on a community-by-community basis. If you or your loved one is interested in joining a Senior Lifestyle community, please connect with a community to learn more about tour and move-in availability. Our staff and clinical professionals will be happy to assist you and your family during this time.
To help facilitate visits, our communities provide virtual visits as an option to prospective residents. We’re happy to extend virtual visits to our communities for locals or those looking to move from afar. If you’re interested, please contact your community of interest and our team will be happy to assist you.
During this pandemic, maintaining connections are more important than ever. For this reason, we encourage our residents to stay connected with their loved ones, even if they can’t meet face-to-face. We’re helping our residents visit with their friends and family through the following platforms and means of communication:
- Social media
- Phone calls
- Virtual tours
Our caring team is happy to assist with any additional questions or concerns you may have. We invite you to reach out to a Senior Lifestyle community near you to connect with our expert staff by phone or email.
A Look Inside Our Communities
North Shore Place
Residents were asked how they remain positive through these times…
Jeff Walls | Director of Hospitality
Pine Trails at Castle Rock
All of the associates at Pine Trails truly love our residents, but today was a little more special than others. Our Memory Care staff made CJ and her daughter’s day a little brighter. CJ was able to talk to her daughter on the phone and see her through the window. The smiles brought to their faces are so touching. Moments like this make what we do on a daily basis so worth it!
Audra Piccini | Executive Director
Check out our video – Showing Our Hearts
Jennifer San Paolo | Director of Sales & Marketing
The Addison of Pleasant Prairie
“We are so grateful to all the staff at Addison. You are now family to my father and everyone there. Hugs all around! (from a distance-of course.) Thank you!!!” – Donna
“They are keeping in touch with us during this time and I get to facetime my mom…I feel proud of where my mom is and I feel comfortable that my family can go here and see my mom. I visited a lot of places and when I made the decision to put her here, I felt peace.” -Lori