In the midst of the global outbreak of COVID-19, the health and wellbeing of our residents and team members has remained our number one priority. We are committed to continuing to serve our residents, families and employees with dedication to our HEART core values: Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect, and Teamwork.
A Message From Our CEO
As we continue to address the COVID-19 crisis, Senior Lifestyle recognizes the extraordinary commitment of our team members who are performing essential functions at our communities – from hands-on care for residents who require assistance to ongoing maintenance, cleaning, meal preparation and activity programming. We have instituted “Hero Pay” for all community team members and are also providing other needed support resources including complimentary meals for all team members. I am truly humbled to work beside such amazing people who carry out our mission with dedication to our HEART values.
President and Chief Executive Officer
The health and safety of our residents and employees is our primary concern, and we are closely monitoring all developments with respect to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking action to align with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and other expert organizations for the latest updates and guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19. Our communities are supported by a task force to aid us with preparation, communication, and management of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Tours Admissions and Visitors
At Senior Lifestyle, we are committed to following all CDC and state guidelines, and make our visit and move-in procedures on a community-by-community basis. If you or your loved one is interested in joining a Senior Lifestyle community, please connect with a community to learn more about tour and move-in availability. Our staff and clinical professionals will be happy to assist you and your family during this time.
Our community guidelines for visits vary by location. However, most Senior Lifestyle communities are welcoming the following visitors:
- Medical care providers
- Hospice providers
- Immediate family members for end-of-life residents
To ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and residents, we are performing temperature checks every shift for all licensed communities, among other precautions. As new information on COVID-19 arises, we’ll be adapting our policies to protect our residents, visitors, and staff.
To help facilitate visits, our communities provide virtual visits as an option to prospective residents. We’re happy to extend virtual visits to our communities for locals or those looking to move from afar. If you’re interested, please contact your community of interest and our team will be happy to assist you.
During this pandemic, maintaining connections are more important than ever. For this reason, we encourage our residents to stay connected with their loved ones, even if they can’t meet face-to-face. We’re helping our residents visit with their friends and family through the following platforms and means of communication:
- Social media
- Phone calls
- Virtual tours
Social Distancing and Our Communities
Socializing is an essential part of a healthy and vibrant lifestyle, but during this time, we’d recommend modifying your social habits. COVID-19 is a contagious disease and our senior population is particularly vulnerable. To minimize exposure and reduce the spread of COVID-19, the CDC recommends the following practices:
- Avoid dining in at restaurants and bars
- No face-to-face visits with seniors, small children, or people with weaker immune systems
- Wash your hands with soap regularly throughout the day
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between other people and avoid physical contact
Activities to help our residents pass the time
- Daily packets with updates, trivia pages, and puzzle books
- Incorporate programs to help manage stress such as guided relaxation, journaling, herbal teas and stress balls
- Exercises that are easy to do in the apartments and community spaces to keep moving
Our caring team is happy to assist with virtual tours, move-in information, and any additional questions or concerns you may have. We invite you to reach out to a Senior Lifestyle community near you to connect with our expert staff by phone or email.
Addison of Lincolnton
Lindsay Watson is really doing a great job keeping the residents healthy, active and looking good. Walking around the building, ice cream and popcorn delivery to their rooms and beauty day doing hair and google duo at the same time so families can chat while styling their hair.
Jill Zinn | Director of Sales and Marketing
North Shore Place
Residents were asked how they remain positive through these times….
Jeff Walls | Director of Hospitality
Pine Trails at Castle Rock
All of the associates at Pine Trails truly love our residents, but today was a little more special than others. Our Memory Care staff made CJ and her daughter’s day a little brighter. CJ was able to talk to her daughter on the phone and see her through the window. The smiles brought to their faces are so touching. Moments like this make what we do on a daily basis so worth it!
Audra Piccini | Executive Director
Check out our video – Showing Our Hearts
Jennifer San Paolo | Director of Sales & Marketing
The Addison of Pleasant Prairie
“We are so grateful to all the staff at Addison. You are now family to my father and everyone there. Hugs all around! (from a distance-of course.) Thank you!!!” – Donna
“They are keeping in touch with us during this time and I get to facetime my mom…I feel proud of where my mom is and I feel comfortable that my family can go here and see my mom. I visited a lot of places and when I made the decision to put her here, I felt peace.” -Lori
Kimberly Christy | Director of Sales & Marketing
The health and wellbeing of our residents and team members are our greatest priority. We are closely monitoring developments and guidelines with respect to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization as well as other expert sources. We are also working with and at the direction of healthcare authorities. In addition, we are following enhanced internal protocols in order to help prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.
Our community is supported by a Senior Lifestyle affiliated task force and management team comprised of various disciplines to aid us in our preparation, readiness, communication, and management of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
This global pandemic has necessitated a number of changes in Senior Lifestyle affiliated communities. All of this is in an effort to protect our residents, our team members, and others in the community. In order to mitigate the risk of contagion to as many residents as possible, we have implemented the following changes, until further notice. Senior Lifestyle affiliated communities have implemented the following guidelines:
- We have halted all group outings, group events and gatherings, and all new resident The community has halted all group outings, group events and gatherings, community tours, and all new resident move-ins.
- While we will not be able to provide our regular dining program, we have worked to create a room service dining program. For residents who require additional assistance with dining, we are staggering mealtimes to ensure that all residents remain at least six feet away from each other.
- We have provided renewed education and training for our teams on preventative measures such as handwashing, disinfecting, infection control policies and procedures, and social distancing.
- We are restricting all visitors, except for essential visitors only, which include health care providers and end-of-life family members only.
- We have trained our teams to conduct daily team members and essential visitors screenings, as well as regular residents health checks.
- Our programming team has created activities that maintain healthy social distancing to help entertain and engage you during this difficult time.
- We encourage our residents to stay connected to your family and friends through virtual visits. We have resources available to arrange virtual visits.
- In the event we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our community we will follow the CDC guidance for confirmed cases in healthcare settings. This guidance includes processes to minimize chances for exposure including isolation and adherence to personal protection protocols.