Hospitality and Nutrition
Residents don’t concern themselves with grocery stores and pharmacies. Community life provides everything needed, with exceptional dining and a host of thoughtful touches, and convenient and refined services. You can count on maintenance to fix it, housekeeping to maintain it, and staff to deliver – always.
Speaking of dining, you know that a culinary experience inspires emotion, from the nostalgic aroma of bread in the oven to the warm comfort of a perfectly-seasoned soup on a rainy day. Families can rest assured knowing their loved one is served delicious meals each day. We combine the joys of dining with the nutrition experts say our residents need to live a healthy life.
Each community offers its own unique culinary experience, but you can expect the following at a Senior Lifestyle community:
- Nutritious meals to promote wellness
- Distinct and dynamic menu choices
- Decadent desserts
- Seasonal cuisine and holiday fare for special events
- Family and guest dining for deeper connections
- Menus that suit personalized and customized resident diets
- Restaurant-style dining
“The food has always been very good and the dining service is more than adequate. They all know my mom’s name and what she likes.”
Security and Safety
It’s amazing what a happy, secure home can do for your sense of well-being. Our communities are designed with comfort and safety in mind, and we go the extra mile to ensure our residents feel happy, secure, and inspired. We maintain secure perimeters to keep our residents safe, and our expert and attentive staff make sure each resident is well cared for and listened to.
Security offerings may vary based on the needs of our residents. You can expect the following at our communities:
- Expert, attentive staff
- Secure perimeters and safety protocols
- Sophisticated security systems
- Emergency response protocols
- Wellness checks
- Medication reminders
- On-site nursing staff
- Transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
“The staff is outstanding and everybody is very pleasant, so it’s all like a family. The maintenance is excellent and the housekeeping services are very good. Management is accessible and respectful. I have had conversations with the staff where they helped my sister Facetime or call me via cellphone. She feels safe and comfortable at the community.”
Friendship and Engagement
The importance of social connections should never be underestimated, especially as people get older. That’s why we’ve developed a robust calendar of engaging programming – including art, craft, fitness, walking groups, lectures, recreation – alongside the spontaneous coffee klatches and pull-up-a-chair-and-join-us chats. We promote meaningful connections between residents, their friends, and their families through technology, games, recreation, and classes.
Each community has a distinct set of programming and amenities, but you can expect the following at a Senior Lifestyle community:
- Gaming and recreation rooms
- A variety of classes, groups, and clubs
- Technology to promote virtual socializing
- Happy hours and holiday parties
- A dynamic, lively calendar of daily programming
“The place always has activities going on and they try to get him to participate. They even try to come up with new activity ideas and they include the residents in the decisions. Management has always been more than willing to help with anything… They strive to take good care of the residents, which is all we can ask for.”
Health and Wellness
Fastidiously and with H.E.A.R.T – Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect, Teamwork – we’re determined to stick with all the right procedures and keep our communities as safe as possible. In this new environment, Senior Lifestyle has adapted quickly and responsibly, and we are ready for a rapid distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine, which makes us among the safest and most fulfilling places for an older adult to live.
We make sure your health is paramount during these difficult times with these procedures:
- Everyone entering our community wears a face mask and is screened according to CDC guidelines
- Staff are screened at the beginning, middle and end of their shifts
- Every assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing resident is monitored for temperature, oxygen saturation level and condition changes
- We work with national-level laboratories for staff and resident testing
- We welcome PCPs (primary care physicians) and medical specialists, as residents require, and provide transportation to medical appointments
- Rigorous sanitization and new technologies are deployed
- Patio visits, through-the-window greetings and video-conferencing are encouraged.
Everything that’s good for mind, body and soul is woven together to create a Senior Lifestyle community. As our residents have chosen, you too can choose to live with purpose and indulge in all the goodness life can offer.