Director of Memory Care
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. The Director of Memory Care is responsible for overseeing compliance with all community policies and procedures and applicable state regulations as they apply to Memory Care. The Memory Care Director will be the process owner to implement and oversee the Memory Care points of distinction established in the areas of Embrace Wellness, Embrace Enrichment, Embrace Creativity, Embrace Connection, Embrace Challenge and Embrace Teamwork.
- Conduct interviews, orientation, and ongoing training of Memory Care Team employees in accordance with employee training policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Coach and counsel departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle human resources policies.
- Manage Memory Care employees in partnership with the Health and Wellness director or designee.
- Promote the company’s Embrace philosophy in all aspects of his/her role to include interactions with resident, family, and team members and the daily oversight of Memory Care operations in partnership with the Health and Wellness Director.
- Organize the monthly programming calendar and needed supplies.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate Memory Care resident programs.
- Lead high quality innovative programs in Memory Care to include a minimum of 3-5 self-lead programs daily.
- Implement and monitor programs and processes to promote excellence in programming while maintaining a high level of resident/family/staff satisfaction in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Adhere to the budget guidelines for the department.
- Maintain current knowledge of Alzheimer’s/dementia topics and participates Memory Care Department Director training as assigned. Provide education, training, and hands on support to community staff.
- Recreation Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, or a related field preferred
- College degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience working with individuals with Dementia and leading a team
- Professional and organized.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be adaptable, compassionate, balanced, flexible focused proactive, responsible and detail orientated.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: 9b853bd9-c491-4c6f-862a-f269a9b5b48e