Evans in Georgia is a city around 10 minutes northwest of Augusta that’s consistently been ranked as one of the top cities to live in the U.S. In 2020, Money named Evans as the number one place to live where there’s a population of at least 25,000. Factors like the safe and friendly atmosphere, abundance of nature and parks, traditional suburban Southern charm, and diverse and welcoming community were considered for the ranking.
Plus, the area is home to Camellia Walk of Evans, which ranks top among assisted living facilities in Evans, GA. The residence offers the utmost in security and comfort, providing residences with everything from meals and housekeeping, to a variety of daily programming activities.
If you or a family member are looking for assisted living options in Evans, GA, here’s what you can expect as an Assisted Living resident of Camellia Walk in Evans, GA.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Evans, GA
Evans has a great blend of nature, dining, history and cultural attractions all in one convenient location. The city of Evans is also less than 150 miles away from Atlanta and Savannah, GA, as well as from Charleston, South Carolina. Residents are close enough to the big city of Atlanta and other day trip excursions, but can enjoy the more tight-knit community in Evans. The following are some of the types of activities seniors may enjoy in the Evans area.
- Golf: Nearby Augusta hosts one of the world’s most prominent professional golf championships, the Masters Tournament, held each April. It’s a major milestone event for golf lovers to attend, and it’s just around 10 miles away from Evans. Evans is also home to many beautiful golf courses, including Bartram Trail Golf Club. Just 15 miles away from Camellia Walk of Evans is the PDGA International Disc Golf Center in Appling, which includes a 2,700-square-foot climate-controlled clubhouse. The center has several disc courses to play on, as well as a museum and hall of fame exhibit.
- Evans Town Center Park: Evans Town Center Park is one of the city’s major outdoor hubs. It has a beautiful concert pavilion for big shows, as well as lots of wide open green spaces, picnic tables and pavilions, a no-leash dog park, a playground splashpad for the kiddos and a walking and jogging trail. The park frequently hosts big events, including live music and fireworks celebrations.
- Augusta Riverwalk: The Augusta Riverwalk is a peaceful and scenic route that runs along the Savannah River between 6th and 10th Streets in Downtown Augusta. There are lots of attractions along the walk, including gardens, museums, restaurants, a children’s playground, the outdoor Jessye Norman Amphitheater, the Morris Museum of Art, the Augusta Museum of History, the Augusta Market and more. Meander and take in the river views, or make a day of it by stopping into various venues along the way.
- Columbia County Performing Arts Center: The Columbia County Performing Arts Center is the best place to see live theater and big performing arts shows in Evans. The 2,062-seat theater hosts productions like Broadway touring shows “The Book of Mormon” and “Jesus Christ Superstar,” as well as tribute band concerts, ballet performances and more. The theater offers wheelchair-accessible seating and parking, and service animals are welcome.
- River rides: Kayaking is a popular activity to take in the Savannah River sights and get closer to nature. Several vendors offer kayak rentals, as well as tandem, canoe and paddleboard options, where you might even get to hear some Evans history on the ride. Check out Cole Watkins Tours for Evans kayak tours and recommendations.
The city of Evans also has a ton of community parks, arts and crafts studios, spas, fitness centers and delicious restaurants to try. Whether you live at Camellia Walk Assisted Living in Evans, GA, or you’re in town visiting a loved one, there’s always something exciting happening in the area.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Camellia Walk
In addition to activities out and about in the Evans area, there are lots of things to do right in the Camellia Walk of Evans community. From exercise classes, to painting sessions, to musical and spiritual gatherings, here’s a sample of the diverse programming available for assisted living residents at Camellia Walk of Evans.
- Art lectures
- Baking clubs
- Book clubs
- Card-making classes
- Cards and cribbage games
- Chair soccer
- Chair yoga classes
- Church services
- Essence aromatherapy
- Family Feud games
- Garden clubs
- Mandala relaxation art classes
- Morning stretch clubs
- Movie nights with popcorn
- Mystery in a bag games
- Nail spas and hand massages
- Outdoor walking clubs
- Pet therapy
- Scrabble clubs
- Snack and social times
- Trivia games
- Watercolor painting classes
- Word searches and crossword puzzles
- Yahtzee games
Residents also get access to the community movie theater, full-service beauty shop and barber shop, recreation and entertainment community room, library, outdoor courtyards and spa. There are also fresh chef-prepared meals in the dining hall with restaurant-style service, as well as a private dining space for special events with family and friends.
Camellia Walk of Evans also takes residents out into the community, for social activities like dinner outings. It’s easy to fill up each day with new memories and fun when you live at Camellia Walk of Evans.
Visit Camellia Walk Assisted Living in Evans, GA
In addition to Assisted Living at Camellia Walk, the residence also provides short-term care and memory care options. We provide a 24/7 emergency call system and extensive safety features for all residents, so you know you or your family member will always be taken care of in the community.
If you or your loved one are interested in what life is like at Camellia Walk, stop by to see the beautiful amenities and accommodations residents enjoy. Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.