Located in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland, Pasadena in Anne Arundel County is on the Chesapeake Bay and provides lots of water activities and things to do in the area. In Pasadena, The Sheridan at Severna Park provides a beautiful Assisted Living community, as well as Memory Care and short-term care services at the residence.
If you’re interested in beautiful Pasadena living for yourself or a loved one, here’s what a day in the life at The Sheridan at Severna Park might look like.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Pasadena, MD
Pasadena is known for its waterfront views and excursions, its parks and green spaces, and its local restaurants and shops. With a growing population of around 30,000 people, Pasadena has lots of community amenities and great local businesses. It’s around 20 miles from Baltimore, so there’s lots to do in the surrounding area. Some of the fun things seniors like to do and places to visit in Pasadena include the following.
- Lake Waterford Park: Surrounding a 12-acre lake frequented by waterfowl, Lake Waterford Park park spans more than 108 acres and includes a variety of nature-filled and recreational areas. It features more than a mile of paved trails, plus tennis courts, basketball courts, picnic areas and fishing opportunities in the lake.
- Fifer’s Seafood: One of the best places in Pasadena to get Maryland’s famed steamed crabs, Fifer’s Seafood also offers other seafood like steamed shrimp, clams and mussels. One of the most popular meals at the restaurant is the All You Can Eat special, which features more than 20 items to choose from, including seafood, wings, soups and salads.
- Downs Park: A 236-acre park located along the Chesapeake Bay, Downs Park has one of the few dog beaches in Maryland. There, dogs can run around on the beach and jump in the water. The park also features a Victorian-style garden called Mother’s Garden, as well as has three pavilions, basketball courts, a fishing pier and 5 miles of unpaved walking and hiking trails.
- Antiques on the Go: This is a vintage consignment mall in Pasadena where shoppers can find their next unique treasure. New items are added daily to Antiques on the Go, in categories like clothing, furniture and housewares.
- Fort Smallwood Park: Another Pasadena park on the Chesapeake Bay, Fort Smallwood Park sits on approximately 90 acres and features a fishing pier, walking trails, recreational facilities including horseshoe pits and volleyball courts, a historic gun battery and barracks, a boat launch and picnic areas.
- Golf: Pasadena has a couple popular golf courses, Compass Pointe and Pasadena Golf Center, which are both open to the public. Pasadena Golf Center features 34 covered driving range stations, as well as has a miniature golf course and batting cages.
- Green Haven Wharf: Located on Stone Creek, Green Haven Wharf includes a sandy beach launch for fishing, boating and kayaking excursions. The fishing pier spans 110 feet, so there’s plenty of room to cast out a line and relax as the fish come in.
- AMF Southdale Lanes: Bowlers love AMF Southdale Lanes, which features 32 bowling lanes, an arcade and a full menu of American favorites, including burgers and cocktails. The lanes host bowling leagues and various special events throughout the year.
- Beachwood Park: Located on the Magothy River, Beachwood Park offers a cartop boat launch, fishing, nearly 3 miles of natural trails and canoeing, paddle boarding and kayaking access.
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Park: Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Park is full of natural trails to stroll around on and provides water access to Rock Creek, Wall Cove and White Pond. Head here for a relaxing walk or to find sea glass near the water.
Assisted living residents and their families can also drive to Baltimore, to check out a professional baseball or football game, visit the National Aquarium or eat Italian food in Baltimore’s Little Italy neighborhood.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming at The Sheridan at Severna Park
In addition to things to do in Pasadena around town, there are lots of activities hosted each day for Assisted Living residents at The Sheridan at Severna Park. Residents have the opportunity to pursue their hobbies or new interests, learn new skills and connect with other residents. Some of the sample activities offered at The Sheridan at Severna Park include the following.
- Aromatherapy classes
- Arts and crafts classes
- Art viewings
- Balance classes
- Book clubs
- Chair yoga classes
- Coffee and chat groups
- Crafted cocktail hours
- Family Feud games
- Fishing clubs
- Flower arrangement classes
- Game hours
- Gardening clubs
- Library visits
- Mandala relaxation classes
- Menu planning and resident council meetings
- Movie screenings
- Music therapy
- Nail spas and hand massages
- Needlework clubs
- Pet therapy visits
- Resident birthday celebrations
- Smoothie socials
- Spiritual services
- Table games
- Tea parties
- Technology classes
- Walking clubs
- Watercolor painting
Residents also get three chef-prepared meals a day with restaurant-style service, which they can enjoy in a dining room with friends and family. The residence also includes an assisted bathing spa, a barber shop and beauty salon, a bistro and bar, a creative art studio, a memory garden, an entertainment room, an exercise gym and a fitness studio, a fireside patio, a game room and a great room.
Residents also get access to transportation services. Outings like shopping trips are frequently added to the activities calendar, as well.
Tour the Sheridan at Severna Park for Yourself or a Loved One
If you’re looking for a safe, welcoming and friendly Assisted Living community for yourself or a loved one, consider The Sheridan at Severna Park. We provide all the services residents need right on-site, and have close proximity to the attractions Pasadena and Baltimore have to offer.