What Are My Senior Lifestyle Options?
There’s a lot to think about when you’re considering senior community living. We can tell you what to expect when you live in a senior community, what levels of care are available and the process you might want to follow when looking at your options. We also offer eBooks and articles to help you make your decision.
What to Expect?
We know the importance of eating delicious and nutritious food, which is why we make healthy and tasty meals for you to enjoy. Our goal is to make dining a joyous experience by taking the hassle out of cooking and cleaning by creating a welcoming atmosphere. Many of our communities offer:
- Welcoming Dining Halls
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Chef-Prepared Meals
- Private Dining Rooms
- Menus for Special Needs
- Personalized Care Plans
- Outings to Grocers and Restaurants
- In-Room Kitchenettes
Our communities fill the days with events from our daily programming calendar. Many communities have an event director who will see to it that your loved one has plenty of ways to keep active and engaged. Activities are catered to the abilities of each resident and are structured around The 6 Elements of a Fulfilling Lifestyle:
- Move – Physical activity including games, chair exercise, strength training and stretching
- Grow – Intellectual stimulation including book clubs, music appreciation and lectures
- Feel – Emotional support including pet therapy, counseling and guided relaxation and visualization
- Reflect – Spirituality including Bible study, interfaith worship, meditation and spiritual music
- Connect – Social opportunities including dances, social clubs, parties and mixers
- Contribute – Vocational activity including fundraising, service projects and mentoring children
Among the key benefits to community living are the friendships and connections formed. We promote meaningful contact between residents, friends and families through technology, games, recreation and classes. In addition to the fun, there are many proven mental-health benefits to living a social lifestyle. Examples of some features:
- Billiards, Darts, Card Games and Other Parlor Games
- Exercise Classes and Walking Groups
- Community Happy Hours and Group Outings
- Community Amenities and Open Spaces
Health & Wellness
At Senior Lifestyle, we help you live with ease, providing a vibrant and healthy lifestyle to let you experience your “best life.” Your physical health, mental acuity and wellness can all benefit from better nutrition, appropriate exercise and social connection with family and friends.
- Exercise and Fitness Programs
- Nutritious Meals
- Personalized Care Plans
- 24-Hour On-Site Staff
- Transportation for Medical Appointments
- Health Education Workshops
Level of Care Quiz
With so many types of communities available, it can be hard to determine which level of care works best for your lifestyle. Take our quiz to find out which Senior Lifestyle level of care might be your best fit.Take the Quiz
Determine Your Goals
This decision begins with you. You should consider your goals and decide what you want your life to look like. Consider easy, hassle-free living with all the amenities to make your life enjoyable. Don’t be afraid to explore your options with experts such as financial advisors or health care professionals. Talk to friends in communities. You’re in control of this life-changing decision.
Look at Our Communities
Use our interactive map to find senior living communities in your area. You can browse the photos, look at the floor plans, and learn about services and amenities available. Be sure to save your favorite ones for later, or you can submit a form if you prefer the community to reach out with more information.
You can schedule a visit online or by calling the community. We want you to feel comfortable and at home with us, so please share your story so we can personalize your experience based on what matters most to you.
Find a Community
See the senior living communities and services near you to find the perfect fit for you or your loved ones.