Certified Medication Technician
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will be responsible for safe administration of all prescribed medications and treatments as listed on the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Treatment Administration Record (TAR), as well as providing personal and general nursing care to residents as needed or assigned.
- Responsible for the safe administration of medications ensuring the 6 rights of medication administration are followed.
- Count and document all narcotics that are administered to residents.
- Responsible for the total inventory of medications at the community; including but not limited to ordering medications, receiving and verifying medications, storing and dating medications, removing expired or discontinued medications, and notifying the proper parties when medication supply is low.
- Notice discrepancies regarding medication inventory and report to the appropriate parties.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of all medicine carts at end of shift and restocking as needed. Responsible for weekly deep cleaning of all med carts.
- Responsible for verifying all current MARs are compared to new MARs at change over time.
- Provide personal care to residents to residents as needed, including bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, grooming, dressing, incontinence care, and eating.
- Provide general nursing care to include, but not limited to, vital signs, temperatures, blood pressure, and weights.
- Document appropriate information in the daily log as required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a senior care setting.
- You must have a state-specific Medication Technician certificate.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a professional and positive demeanor.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all employees because of our commitment to the health and safety of our residents, their family members, and all of our team members. Accommodations and state exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: 41fe1214-9b2c-434e-9969-6e9623bc0e09