Area Maintenance Coordinator
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will be assigned approximately 10-12 properties and will be responsible for collaborating with the MC & PM in maintaining the environment, exterior landscape and physical plant, work orders and preventative maintenance. This individual is expected to have a hands-on approach and partner together with MC’s and PM’s to accomplish established goals and priorities.
- Serve as the acting Maintenance Coordinator when a position is vacant.
- Provide additional hands-on support/focus on designated assignments at “priority properties”. “Priority properties” to be determined by the AOM, Regional Director of Operations, and National Director of Plant Operations.
- For more challenging tasks, offer on-the-job training and/or direct hands-on assistance.
- Responsible for the training of new Maintenance Directors and/or Coordinators and assist as necessary with the on-boarding of janitors and housekeepers.
- Respond to and complete resident work orders in a timely matter, in a fashion which as consistent with resident or management expectations.
- Perform required tasks so that assets are well maintained, including effective use of TELS for preventative maintenance, to achieve maximum useful life in terms of serviceability and appearance.
- Assist properties in establishing and meeting operating and capital budget goals via effective use of YARDI, Spend-Down, and other internal reporting methods.
- Collaborate with the Regional and National Directors of Plant Operations to roll-out and oversee vendor contracts including professed suppliers and service agreements.
- Responsible for ensuring designated communities have consistently incorporated SLC maintenance standards.
- Perform work required to bring resident units to move-in ready standards/ Ensure unit turnover are meeting company standards and are completed within budget.
- Perform general maintenance projects as assigned including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting, equipment repair, snow removal and outside landscaping maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of all property emergency, safety/disaster plans and procedures.
- Respond promptly to emergencies affecting resident or employee safety and/or an immediate jeopardy to the physical plant.
- Minimum three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You currently have a valid Driver's license.
- You pride yourself on clear and positive communication to everybody that you encounter.
- You are self-assured and possess a can-do attitude.
- You excel at independent work and feel a sense of accomplishment after you have fixed something or have completed a project.
- Job-related certifications such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
SmartRecruiters Job ID: 6b8ff1ce-5998-44e5-96b4-fad911957686