If you’re looking for a home for memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s care in Raleigh, NC, consider the caring and safe Falls River Court residence. We provide memory care services in Raleigh where each resident receives the exact level of support they need, while getting the opportunity to lead fulfilled lives in a friendly setting.
Falls River Court is a sister residence to the Assisted Living community of Falls River Village. Our expert and empathetic staff are here to help you navigate complex life situations for your loved one. With a variety of things to do in Raleigh and on site at our memory care facilities, here’s a look at what life is like at Falls River memory care Raleigh NC.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Raleigh, NC
In Raleigh, there are lots of landmarks, special venues and nature spots in the community and city worth exploring. For families with loved ones at Falls River Court memory care facilities in Raleigh NC, here are some of the top things for seniors to do in the state’s capital city.
- Juniper Level Botanic Garden: The Juniper Level Botanic Garden sits on 28 acres and has a variety of botanical collections that stimulate the senses. Visitors can see hundreds of plant species, including agave, lilies, roses, irises, pitcher plants and ferns. There are more than 40,000 plants on display that come from around the globe. Visitors can also purchase a plant from the site’s Plant Delights Nursery. There are also diverse horticulture workshops and classes on-site throughout the year.
- Pullen Arts Center: The Pullen Arts Center is a visual arts education facility located within Pullen Park. The arts center includes open studio memberships for facilities like a jewelry studio, painting studio, pottery studio and bookmaking/printmaking studio, as well as adult art classes in pottery, painting, drawing, jewelry, bookmaking and printmaking. Visitors can also check out art in various mediums in the three gallery spaces that feature emerging and professional artists’ works.
- Annie Louise Wilkerson, MD Nature Preserve: The Annie Louise Wilkerson, MD Nature Preserve is on 157 acres of land and provides a variety of nature opportunities for visitors to explore. There are three interpretive walking trails for wildlife and birdwatching and nature study. The nature preserve loans out binoculars and explorer backpacks with compasses and bug viewing boxes to visitors. You can also borrow a kite from the center to fly at the preserve. There’s also a hands-on natural history display located in the park office, indoor and outdoor exhibits in the education center, and programs like astronomy nights, art classes and birding programs.
- Contemporary Art Museum Raleigh: The Contemporary Art Museum (CAM) Raleigh presents innovative, thought-provoking art exhibitions in a variety of mediums by living artists. Spanning several floors, the museum also hosts programming like concerts, lectures and art, design and yoga classes. Admission is always free, so it’s a great place to see ever-changing exhibits of contemporary art.
- Raleigh Rose Garden: The Raleigh Rose Garden is located behind the Raleigh Little Theatre. It features 60 rose beds with a variety of roses and is open year-round to visit at no cost. For those who want to see a show, the Raleigh Little Theatre presents diverse all-ages stage productions throughout the year, as well as hosts an outdoor movie series in the garden.
Raleigh is also home to some of North Carolina’s top restaurants, breweries, public parks, festivals and art and cultural events. There’s always something exciting happening in Raleigh. Families can attend a community event or find a new place to check out around the city.
A Look at Memory Care Programming Offered at Falls River Court
Falls River Court also makes life at the Alzheimers care Raleigh NC residence enjoyable each day right at home. Residents can walk outside their door to participate in an activity with other residents. From fitness classes to games and friendly competitions, here’s a look at some of the types of programming we offer at Falls River Court.
- Balloon baseball games
- Birthday celebrations
- Coffee café chats
- Cooking club
- Cornhole competitions
- Drawing classes
- Gardening club
- Historical storytelling
- Inspirational hymn singalongs
- Manicures and hand massages
- Move and groove fitness classes
- Paint and sip classes
- Piano concerts
- Poetry readings
- Sermons and music
- Social hours
- Spelling bees
- Trivia competitions
- Vintage TV show screenings
- Walking groups
- Word searches
- Yoga stretch classes
We create each day’s schedule so it features a diverse array of activities to pursue, including classes and groups focused on movement and exercise, spirituality, games and hobbies. We welcome each participant and help them get involved in each activity. Residents get to form connections and build meaningful relationships every day while living in the Falls River Court community.
Learn More About Memory Care in Falls River Court
Falls River Court is a thriving senior community for those with memory care needs. Residents get the physical help and health support they need, and get opportunities to participate in engaging activities that brighten up each day.
Our full-scale residence has everything to keep memory care residents safe and supported, including a dining room with restaurant-style service for all meals, a library, a beauty salon and barbershop, a beautiful and peaceful courtyard, an emergency call system and transportation. Residents are cared for in every way, so they always feel supported within the community.
Pets are also welcome, as are friends and family members who want to visit and participate in activities with their loved ones. If you’d like to learn about the family atmosphere and community at Falls River Court, find out more about Senior Lifestyle or schedule a tour today.