Royal Estates of Wichita Falls has everything you could want from a senior independent living Texas community. There are beautiful accommodations, restaurant-style dining for meals, weekly housekeeping, daily programming and activities, plus rehab and psychological services and 24-hour nursing staff available. It’s Independent living in Texas that gives those 55+ the ability to live an active and full lifestyle while getting the support and care they need.
Royal Estates of Wichita Falls has plenty to do on-site, as well as lots of interesting attractions to check out in the area. Here’s what you can expect when you or your loved one lives at Royal Estates of Wichita Falls.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Wichita Falls, TX
Wichita Falls in north Texas is home to lots of diverse attractions for residents to visit and enjoy. From nature and wildlife-filled spaces, to live theater productions and historical exhibits, here are some popular destinations in Wichita Falls.
- River Bend Nature Center: The River Bend Nature Center in Wichita Falls is a 20-acre environmental education facility. It includes bottomland forest and wetlands, forest trails, gardens and an open-air pavilion. An exhibit hall features live exhibits with arachnids and amphibians, while the butterfly and nature conservatory includes more than 100 native plant species, plus wildlife including prairie dogs and turtles. There’s also an indoor pond with native aquatic life.
- Backdoor Theatre: The community Backdoor Theatre in Wichita Falls has been in its current location since 1976, featuring two stages that host Broadway-style productions. One stage is a dinner theater stage, which offers dinner for purchase to enjoy while you watch the show. In addition to hosting plays and musicals, the theater also hosts comedy and improv shows. Each theater accommodates around 100 to 150 people, which gives everyone a great view of the action on stage and creates an intimate theater atmosphere.
- Lucy Park: Lucy Park sits on 178 acres in a bend of the Wichita River, surrounded by native and introduced trees like cottonwoods and pecans. The park contains a pond that ducks, geese and other waterfowl like to visit. Visitors can walk or bike a 1.7 mile concrete trail or relax at one of the five picnic shelters, which feature lots of barbecue grills, benches and tables. Visitors can also see the reconstruction of the namesake of Wichita Falls, the 54-foot human-made The Falls waterfall. The park also has a swimming pool, basketball and volleyball courts, an 18-hole disc golf course and playgrounds.
- Museum of North Texas History: Visitors to the Museum of North Texas History can learn about the origins of Wichita Falls and the lifestyles of the people who helped establish it. The museum features exhibits with collections of historical artifacts detailing subjects including art, the oil and gas industry, fashion, health care, toys and recreation, and military service in the area. It also has a theater and offers programs, lectures, book signings and other events focused on north Texas history.
- Wichita Theatre: The Wichita Theatre, like the Backdoor Theatre, also has two stages in its historic art deco theater, whose history dates back more than 100 years in the area. There’s the main stage and the dinner stage, where guests can have dinner during the production. The theater produces local community theater shows of Broadway titles, as well as hosts touring theater companies and concerts.
There are lots of other attractions and destinations to check out in Wichita Falls, including the Wichita Falls Museum of Art at MSU Texas, the Kemp Center for the Arts and Lake Arrowhead State Park. Whether you’re interested in history, you enjoy spending time in nature or you love seeing live entertainment like theater productions and comedy shows, there’s plenty to do in Wichita Falls.
A Look at Independent Living Programming Offered at Royal Estates
You don’t have to leave home to find entertaining things to do in Wichita Falls. At Royal Estates of Wichita Falls, we have activities and programming scheduled throughout each day, so residents always have something to do in their free time. When you live at Royal Estates of Wichita Falls, you can try activities like the following:
- Arts and crafts workshops
- Bible studies
- Billiards games
- Bingo games
- Board game competitions
- Chair exercise classes
- Clothing decorating
- Coffee, cake and conversation social time
- Corn hole tournaments
- Family Feud games
- Happy hours
- Live music performances
- Manicure parties
- Movies with popcorn
- Nature walks
- Nintendo Wii games
- Price Is Right games
- Rummikub and dominoes games
- Scrabble competitions
- Storytelling and reflecting time
- Stretch and tone exercise classes
- Uno card games
Throughout the week, you can also hop on an Out & About excursion and travel to various places in Wichita Falls, like on our Gourmet Getaways tours. Plus, you can also use rooms like the exercise room, billiards room, multipurpose room, library and theater room during non-scheduled program times.
Find a Welcoming Community at Royal Estates at Wichita Falls
Royal Estates at Wichita Falls has everything you could want from a senior independent living community. We have a beauty and barber shop on-site. All meals are prepared and served by our dining services team in our spacious dining room. Residents get weekly housekeeping services.
Our independent living community features a 24-hour emergency response system and offers personalized nursing care services, so residents can get the support they need while living the life they want. Pets are welcome, too.
If you or a family member is looking for the best independent living in Texas, consider Royal Estates of Wichita Falls. This beautiful area has so much to offer seniors and their families.