Addington Place of Dublin provides exceptional Assisted Living in Georgia, as well as memory care and short-term care options. Residents in our Georgia assisted living community get the exact care they need, while living healthy and active lifestyles with a variety of daily programming. We also have services and facilities including a full-service salon and barber shop, a movie theater, a private library and much more to explore throughout the community.
The Dublin, GA, community has lots of diverse local attractions, and there’s plenty to do on-site at our residence, too. Here’s what a day in the life at Addington Place of Dublin GA assisted living may be like.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Dublin, GA
Dublin in Georgia is around 140 miles away from the capital city of Atlanta and 120 miles away from Savannah, making both cities within a couple hours’ drive away from Dublin. Dublin is a city full of rich history and diverse attractions to check out, like the following.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Monument Park: Martin Luther King, Jr. Monument Park is located in downtown Dublin. It’s close to where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his first speech as a 15-year-old, “The Negro and the Constitution,” in 1944 at the First African Baptist Church. The park features a mural and a sculpture by Georgia artist Corey Barksdale, as well as a photo mural by Dublin photographer and graphic artist Randall Gearhart. It also has an audio tour with a variety of stories that relate to King’s time in Dublin and the Civil Rights Movement.
- First African Baptist Church: Speaking of King, the First African Baptist Church still offers weekly services twice a day on Sunday mornings. Visitors can also make an appointment to see this historic site where the teenage King made his first public speech. There’s also an annual oratorical contest hosted at the church each April, where students can compete with their own inspired speeches. The current building, a renovation of the original church established in 1867, has been around since 1914. Both the First African Baptist Church and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Monument Park are part of the Footsteps of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Trail, a Georgia-wide initiative created in partnership with the King Center that features 28 King-focused landmarks in eight cities throughout the state.
- Historic Downtown Dublin Walking Tour: The Downtown Dublin Walking Tour is a self-guided, five-mile tour throughout downtown Dublin that includes more than 70 historic landmarks to check out. Dublin historian Scott Thompson compiled the tour, using historic photography and research to guide visitors. The tour takes Dublin visitors to numerous buildings dating back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries, when Dublin’s cotton markets were a major industry in Georgia. The tour includes architectural landmarks, railroad warehouses, a skyscraper and other public spaces along Telfair, Madison, Monroe, West Jackson, Jefferson, Gaines, Church, Franklin, East Jackson, Lawrence and Roosevelt Streets, as well as Academy Avenue. Print copies of the Downtown Dublin Walking Tour can be picked up at the Dublin Visitors Center, or you can download a copy online.
- River Bend Wildlife Management Area: The River Bend Wildlife Management Area in Dublin spans more than 3,500 acres and has a variety of outdoors activities to do, whether you want to be active or you want to relax, take in nature and watch wildlife. The space features scheduled hunts, free fishing in Troup’s Spring Lake, hiking trails, boating and kayaking, camping and archery. The River Bend Wildlife Management Area is also a great place for birdwatching, as the Georgia Ornithological Society helps maintain the space as a habitat to support the Swainson’s warbler. There are also birds like woodpeckers, red-shouldered hawks, barred owls, yellow-billed cuckoos and more than a dozen other species that call the area home.
- Southern Cypress Christmas Tree Farm: The Southern Cypress Christmas Tree Farm has a variety of attractions all year long. During the holiday season, you can get fresh Christmas trees there, but the farm also hosts a pumpkin patch in the fall, a spring Easter egg hunt and special events like movie showings. You can also shop Southern decor and local gifts like candles in the farm’s shop.
There’s plenty more to do in Dublin, like see a concert or theatrical production at Theatre Dublin, golf on a Dublin golf course, visit the Herrin Compound motocross track and much more. With lots of nature to take in and diverse activities to pursue, Dublin’s a great place to live, whatever your or your loved one’s interests are.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
There’s also a lot to do right at Addington Place of Dublin. Those in our Assisted Living community can choose from a variety of activities each day that promote a healthy mind, body and spirit. Sample activities include:
- Arts and crafts classes
- Baking and smoothie classes
- Bingo competitions
- Canvas and leaf painting classes
- Chair kickball classes
- Dance parties
- Game clubs
- Gratitude walks
- Guided meditations
- Happy hours and coffee chats
- Jenga and Scrabble competitions
- Manicures and hand massages
- Movement and exercise classes
- Movies and vintage TV show screenings
- Music performances and singalongs
- Ring and bean bag toss games
- Soda floats and ice cream socials
- Spelling bees
- Trivia competitions
- Wine and cheese parties
- Word search games
- Worship services
Residents can also use the on-site library, salon and movie theater. We serve chef-prepared meals in the restaurant-style dining hall throughout the day, and can deliver room service.
Plus, we schedule outings for residents off site, like visits to local coffee shops and lunch outings. There’s something for everyone who lives at Addington Place of Dublin.
Tour Addington Place of Dublin for Yourself or a Loved One
At Addington Place of Dublin, residents become part of our community’s family. Our Assisted Living services are tailored to each resident and provide accommodations that are focused on safety, while fostering active and healthy lifestyles.