At Senior Lifestyle, our commitment to exceptional care extends to every resident and family member we serve. We focus not only on the physical aspects of care, but also on the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of those we serve. For families dealing with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, the search for senior living can be especially daunting; that’s why we created embrace, a philosophy of connection and inclusion aimed at providing an enriching, fulfilling lifestyle for our memory care residents.
The guiding principles of embrace – Wellness, Enrichment, Challenge, Connection and Creativity – provide the foundation for our memory care philosophy, focused on creating a connection with memory care residents on an individual level. Small-group embrace programming to address the individual needs of these residents includes:
- Thymeless is a garden-to-table program designed specifically for older adults with dementia, focusing on empowering memory care residents to grow and prepare healthy, fresh food. The ongoing use and development of preserved habits, skills, and passions in the garden or food preparation can help residents to feel productive, successful, and accomplished.
- Essence is an award-winning sensory stimulation program based on aromatherapy principles and specifically designed to support residents with Alzheimer’s and related dementias. Through the use of essential oils, residents will enjoy a positive sensory stimulation experience that can incite positive emotional and physical results.
- Bookmarks is a reading program designed to support residents with Alzheimer’s and related dementias through the exploration of the written word. During monthly Bookmarks reading club meetings, residents will have the opportunity to socialize in small group settings, and develop friendships with their neighbors.
- Spark is a lifestyle enrichment program designed to promote social engagement, cognitive stimulation, and connection among residents. The program offers a variety of initiatives aimed at encouraging physical activity, better nutrition, restful sleep, relaxation strategies, social interaction, and mental stimulation.
- Snapshots supports the emotional wellness of both the resident and their loved ones. We work to provide opportunity for continued connection between our residents and their loved ones through specially designed programs, support and education. We are committed to supporting residents and families with their emotional wellness at each stage and with each challenge they face.
When memories fade, it’s the moments that matter most, and embrace makes the most of every experience for our memory care residents. Embrace is a direct result of Senior Lifestyle’s commitment to exceptional care, a response to the needs of our communities for inclusive programming for residents with cognitive or memory issues. To learn more about embrace, or any of the programming available at a Senior Lifestyle community near you, please visit our website at www.seniorlifestyle.com.