The Sheridan at Hobe Sound in Florida is a comfortable and welcoming assisted living community located in a charming beach town. Residents can access beautiful nature spots and visit local shops in town, or participate in a variety of activities right at home in the spacious residence.
Seniors have access to the exact level of care they need and have the ability to pursue their interests and passions alongside other community members or in personal time.
Every day at The Sheridan at Hobe Sound, there’s something new to explore. Here’s what a day in the life of this Hobe Sound assisted living community can offer.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Hobe Sound, FL
Hobe Sound in Florida is centrally located between Stuart and Jupiter on the Atlantic coast. Its beachside location makes it a great place for surf and sand lovers. It’s home to diverse nature and wildlife, plus tasty local restaurants that provide residents with plenty of new tastes to try.
Seniors who live in Hobe Sound enjoy activities like the following.
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park: Jonathan Dickinson State Park is open every day from 8 a.m. until sundown. As the largest state park in southeast Florida, its diverse natural environments include forests, lakes and sand hills. The Loxahatchee River runs through the park, which visitors can tour on water by pontoon, canoe, kayak or other water transportation. Palmettos on the Loxahatchee is a food and beverage garden along the river serving organic food, plus beer and wine. The park also includes several multiuse trails, a picnic area, an equestrian area, bikes-only trails, two family campgrounds, fishing and geocaching areas, hiking trails, a swimming beach and wheelchair-friendly sidewalks. The park is also beloved by birdwatchers, as it’s home to more than 150 species of birds. Visitors can also reserve a beach wheelchair to use at the park.
- Blowing Rocks Preserve: Blowing Rocks Preserve is one of the premiere nature landmarks in the Hobe Sound area. It spans 73 acres and welcomes visitors to walk the preserve trails and take in the scenery. The protected beach offers swimming and snorkeling for water lovers. Visitors can also see diverse types of endangered and rare plants and animals, including a variety of sea turtles and manatees. Visit on a windy day with rough seas at high tide to watch the site live up to its name, as stunning waves crash across the rocks.
- Hobe Sound golfing: Golfers can enjoy beautiful golf courses in Hobe Sound, with a variety of golf course landscapes and challenging obstacles. There’s the palm-tree-dotted and lake-filled Lost Lake Golf Club, the championship Heritage Ridge Golf Club with six sets of tees, and the members-only Medalist Golf Club and Hobe Sound Golf Club.
- Hobe Sound Nature Center: The Hobe Sound Nature Center presents a variety of nature-themed programming all year to Hobe Sound residents, including both on-site lectures and off-site “field trips” to nature areas like the Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge. Free programming includes weekly naturalist guided trail hikes, nature center visual exhibits with more than 20 native and live animals, wildlife lectures and nature education. During summer, popular sea turtle walks take visitors to the beach, where they can see loggerhead sea turtles laying their eggs.
- Hobe Sound Beach: For a relaxing day on the sand, Hobe Sound Beach has plenty of room to spread out, relax and watch ocean waves. There’s also a lifeguard on duty during the day for those who want to head out for a swim or surf.
Hobe Sound is also around a two-hour drive to both Orlando to the north and Miami to the south. That makes the town a great place to take day or weekend trips from, to explore more of what the whole state of Florida has to offer.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Hobe Sound
Right at the Sheridan at Hobe Sound, residents can partake in a variety of daily programming activities. Monthly programming is designed to help residents connect, contribute, feel, grow, move and reflect. Residents can participate in as many daily activities as they’d like, with options like the following to choose from.
- Arts and crafts club
- Bocce ball
- Card games
- Cardio exercise classes
- Coffee and conversation
- Coloring classes
- Cooking club
- Courtyard strolls
- Daily news
- Family feud games
- Fashion shows
- Garden club
- Happy hours
- Ice cream socials
- Knitting and crocheting club
- Live music
- Movie screenings with popcorn
- Pottery classes
- Professional sports viewings
- Sip and paint sessions
- Tea parties
- Ted talks
- Therapy dog visits
- Trivia competitions
- Wine and cheese book club
- Yoga classes
Residents can also participate in off-site outings, like shopping trips, restaurant meals, park outings and holiday outings.
Plus, each day, residents also get chef-prepared, restaurant-style meals to enjoy in the residence’s spacious dining rooms or in a private room for smaller gatherings with loved ones. Our pet-friendly community also features a variety of common areas, a creative art studio, various exercise spaces, beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces with walking paths, comfortable courtyards, a barber and beauty salon, a bocce ball court and a putting green.
There are so many ways to relax right at home, or get active by participating in a group activity. Residents also get access to transportation when they want to head out into town.
Visit the Sheridan at Hobe Sound to Tour the Community
The Sheridan at Hobe Sound welcomes you and your loved one(s) to tour our welcoming and spacious community. In addition to Assisted Living services, The Sheridan at Hobe Sound offers Memory Care services, as well as respite services for short-term stays. We invite you to see the homes here and meet our supportive caregiving staff who are dedicated to being there for residents, however they need.
To learn more about The Sheridan at Hobe Sound, find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.