Independent senior living in Chicago, IL, has a home at Autumn Green at Wright Campus. Sitting close to the lakeshore, Autumn Green is everything you’d want in a vibrant and welcoming senior living community. Residents can indulge in delicious meals, participate in an array of daily programming and activities, socialize with other residents and get housekeeping and transportation taken care of by our friendly staff.
Autumn Green at Wright Campus provides a safe and secure independent living option, while giving residents the opportunity to pursue their passions and live a fulfilling life.
There’s so much to do both on-site and in the surrounding Chicago area. Here’s what life at Autumn Green at Wright Campus has to offer residents.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Chicago, IL
Autumn Green at Wright Campus is just down the road from the legendary Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs baseball team. There are plenty of bars, parks and restaurants in the area, and they’re always busy on game day. Here are some fun things for seniors to do nearby Chicago, all year long.
- The Art Institute of Chicago – Located in Chicago’s Grant Park, The Art Institute of Chicago is one of the oldest and largest art museums in the world. The museum hosts approximately 1.5 million people annually and is one of TripAdvisor’s Top US Attractions of 2022.
- Chicago Foodways Tours – Take a walking tour of some of the best local eateries with Chicago Foodways Tours. There are a number of tours that visit Chicago neighborhoods and sample their best food. Seasonal tours are also available.
- Gallagher Way – Formerly known as The Park at Wrigley, Gallagher Way is an open-air collection of restaurants and gathering spaces, a two-minute walk from Wrigley Field. The area also hosts live music, movie nights, open-air markets, outdoor fitness, private parties and more.
- Millennium Park – A 25-acre, open lakefront area, Millennium Park has an outdoor music pavilion, an ice skating rink, a 3.5-acre urban garden and noteworthy public art projects. It is one of Chicago’s premier open green spaces and a gathering spot for Chicagoans.
- Music Box Theatre – This is Chicago’s home for classic, cult, foreign and independent films. The Music Box Theatre is a throwback to the theaters of old, with its 700 plush seats, red velvet curtains and starry sky painted on the on the ceiling.
- Wrigleyville – The neighborhood around the ballpark is called Wrigleyville, and it’s full of sports bars and lounges where you can watch the game or just visit with other sports fans. There are also restaurants and other attractions in the neighborhood in Chicago’s North Side.
There are also theaters and museums not too far from Autumn Green at Wright Campus. In addition to that, there are multiple area parks, family-friendly activities, recreation facilities and more attractions to visit in Chicago.
A Look at Independent Living at Autumn Green at Wright
You don’t have to go far to find enjoyable things to do when you live at Autumn Green at Wright Campus. Our calendar is full of daily programming activities that give residents tons of options for how to spend their days. Whether you like playing games, exercising, watching movies or reading, we’ve got all that and more right on-site.
Programming tracks include culture and the arts, leadership and volunteerism, lectures and learning, movement and mindfulness, spiritual health and religion, recreation and entertainment.
- Art studio and painting classes
- Bingo games with prizes
- Book clubs
- Card games
- Cardio exercise classes
- Cocktail happy hours
- Fitness center activities
- Ice cream socials
- Indoor swimming
- Knitting clubs
- Library time by fireside
- Mindfulness meditation
- Nintendo Wii games
- On-site church services
- Pet therapy
- Piano playing and live music performances
- Pond and nature excursions
- Sports pub socializing
- Technology assistance classes
Every day, we facilitate games, group entertainment, fitness classes and community social times so you can connect, contribute, feel, grow, move and reflect. Whatever type of hobby or activity you’re interested in, there are lots of options for how to spend your time here.
See What Life Is Like at Autumn Green at Wright Campus
Autumn Green at Wright Campus is a welcoming independent living community in Chicago for those 55+ who want to get access to convenient amenities while residing in a safe and supportive environment. You can have delicious meals on-site, you’ll have housekeeping and transportation taken care of, and you can thrive in an engaging community. With close access to Chicago attractions, there’s always something fun to do and explore.
Find out more about Senior lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.