Autumn Green at Midway Village sits in the transportation heart of Chicago, near Chicago Midway International Airport. Autumn Green is everything you’d want in a vibrant and welcoming senior living community. From delicious meals to an array of daily programming and activities, socialize with other residents and live your life the way you want. Midway Village offers housekeeping and transportation services, all taken care of by our friendly staff.
Autumn Green at Midway Village provides a safe and secure independent senior living option, while giving residents the opportunity to pursue their passions and live a fulfilling life.
There’s so much to do both on-site and in the surrounding Chicago Midway area. Here’s what life at Autumn Green at Midway Village has to offer residents.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Chicago, IL
Autumn Green at Midway Village is close to the airport, which means there are plenty of things to see and do nearby. Along with bars and restaurants, the neighborhoods near Chicago’s second-busiest airport (the first is O’Hare) are filled with amazing culture, museums and more that you’ll want to see.
- Brookfield Zoo – Run by the Chicago Zoological Society, the Brookfield Zoo sits amid a 216-acre nature park. It is home to more than 2,00 animals and also features an accredited arboretum. Family-friendly features include a petting zoo and wild animal encounters.
- Chicago Portage – The Chicago Portage National Historic Site marks the spot where 17th century French explorers Louis Jolliet and Father Jacques Marquette were introduced to a portage connecting the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River and to the Gulf of Mexico. Visitors to the site can walk or hike trails.
- Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn – Built with families in mind, the Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn makes play-based education its focus. Exhibits on animals, Route 66, health, American patriotism, understanding disability and more are featured. Special events are also scheduled throughout the year.
- Chinatown – Chicago’s Chinatown is a historic neighborhood that takes you straight to the Asian continent. Elaborate streets are filled with ornate architecture, traditional specialty shops and stores featuring souvenirs. Events such as Chinese New Year are celebrated. Family-owned restaurants serve up authentic Chinese dishes.
- National Museum of Mexican Art – This unexpected site is home to one of the country’s largest collections of Mexican art and culture. The National Museum of Mexican Art features artworks from artists such as Frida Kahlo, folk art including Dia de los Muertos artifacts, a vibrant textile collection and ephemera documenting the Chicano movement of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Navy Pier – Along the lakefront, the Navy Pier features 50 acres of attractions and experiences. Cultural events, dining, free public programs, shopping and more are on tap here. Events are scheduled throughout the year, from fireworks to live music, theater to art exhibits and kids’ activities.
More sights and attractions are available within a short ride from Autumn Green at Midway VIllage. You’ll always find something to do, for you and your visiting family in the heart of Chicago.
A Look at Independent Living at Autumn Green at Midway
When you live at Autumn Green at Midway Village you don’t have to go far to find enjoyable things to do. Our calendar is full of daily programming activities that give residents tons of options for how to spend their days. Whether it’s playing games, exercising, watching movies or reading, we’ve got all that and more at or near the comfort of your home.
Programming tracks include culture and the arts, leadership and volunteerism, lectures and learning, movement and mindfulness, spiritual health and religion, recreation and entertainment.
- Art studio and painting classes
- Bingo games with prizes
- Book clubs
- Card games
- Cardio exercise classes
- Cocktail happy hours
- Fitness center activities
- Ice cream socials
- Indoor swimming
- Knitting clubs
- Library time by fireside
- Mindfulness meditation
- Nintendo Wii games
- On-site church services
- Pet therapy
- Piano playing and live music performances
- Pond and nature excursions
- Sports pub socializing
- Technology assistance classes
Every day, we facilitate games, group entertainment, fitness classes and community social times so you can connect, contribute, feel, grow, move and reflect. Whatever type of hobby or activity you’re interested in, there are lots of options for how to spend your time here.
See What Life Is Like at Autumn Green at Midway Village
Autumn Green at Midway Village is a welcoming independent senior living community for those 55+ who want to get access to convenient amenities while residing in a safe and supportive environment. You can have delicious meals on-site, you’ll have housekeeping and transportation taken care of, and you can thrive in an engaging community. With close access to Chicago attractions, there’s always something fun to do and explore.