The Addison of Knightdale provides a welcoming assisted living community in Knightdale, NC, near the state’s capital of Raleigh. Residents live in beautiful apartment homes and get access to whatever services they need, including daily housekeeping and personal laundry, transportation, professional 24-hour staff and emergency call response systems.
The Addison assisted living community in Wake County, NC, is designed to help residents live fulfilling and meaningful lives, with daily programming and activities, plus plenty to do in Knightdale and nearby Raleigh. Here’s what residents can expect from life at The Addison assisted living Knightdale.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Knightdale, NC
Knightdale is a beautiful North Carolina town that’s only around 10 miles away from the state’s capital of Raleigh. Residents and their families can head on a short drive to Raleigh attractions, or enjoy their time right in Knightdale with plenty of things to check out. The following are some of the top things to do in the Knightdale area.
- Knightdale Station Park: The Knightdale Station Park sits on more than 70 acres in Knightdale. It’s open from dawn to dusk and features a pond, 2 miles of multi-purpose paved trails, picnic shelters and pavilions, an amphitheater, farm- and train-themed playgrounds, a splash pad, a dog park, a veterans memorial, a play lawn area and athletic fields. It’s a great place to visit with family when grandkids are in town, or to go for a relaxing walk or roll down a trail. The dog park is off-leash, so residents can bring their furry friend to the park for some run-around time.
- Pope’s Strawberries: The pick-your-own Pope’s Strawberries farm has fresh produce available for visitors to pick themselves from April through August when fruit and vegetables are ripe and in season. Visitors can pick strawberries from April through June, corn in July, tomatoes from June through August and blueberries from July through August.
- Stained Glass Associates, Inc.: Established in 1958 and located in the oldest building in Knightdale, the family-owned-and-operated Stained Glass Associates, Inc., creates stained glass for churches and residential homes. Visitors can see the beautiful stained glass craftsmanship and check out a piece of Knightdale history in the building. There’s also a gallery that features a collection of local art, including pottery, paintings, sculptures, hand-blown glass, pencil sketches, jewelry, photography, furniture and wood turnings.
- Knightdale Environmental Park: The Knightdale Environmental Park is another beautiful park that’s ideal for relaxing in nature. The park has four environmental sculptures, a 1/3-mile walking trail, benches, a boardwalk, two picnic shelters and two observation outlooks. There’s also a catch-and-release Environmental Park Pond, where those with a fishing license can fish. The park has been certified as a Backyard Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation, and visitors might see birds and other wildlife as guests in the park.
- Knightdale Farmers Market: The Knightdale Farmers Market is at Knightdale Station and operates every Saturday from May through October. Visitors can shop handmade goods from local artisans, grab a bite from a local food truck and see local live entertainment. It’s a great way to shop local and connect with the larger community.
Just a short drive away from Knightdale, Raleigh features hundreds of more activities and things to explore in the city. There’s the first public park in North Carolina, Pullen Park, which was established in 1877 and features an operating carousel, miniature train, pedal boats and an arts center. There’s also the famed North Carolina Museum of Art, featuring a stunning collection of historical artworks, as well as contemporary exhibits. And everywhere you go in Knightdale and Raleigh, there are delicious restaurants to keep you well-fed as you venture out.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming at The Addison of Knightdale
At The Addison of Knightdale assisted living facility in Wake County, there’s also a lot to do on-site every day. We create a full calendar of daily programming, so residents can pursue the hobbies and activities they’re interested in and connect with other residents in the community. The following are some of the types of activities available to residents.
These include entertainment and amenities like the following.
- Aerobic workouts
- Anagrams games
- Artist talks
- Bingo games
- Blackjack and poker card games
- Book clubs
- Canasta card games
- Chair exercise classes
- Cocktail happy hours
- Comedy shows
- Dominos competitions
- Educational lectures
- Floral arrangement crafts
- Group talks
- Live music concerts
- Movie screenings
- Painting classes
- Resident council meetings
- Storytelling presentations
- Trivia competitions
- TV screenings
- Yoga classes
Plus, we also coordinate scheduled outings for residents. We’ll handle the transportation, and you can enjoy your time out and about in the Knightdale area.
All residents also get access to complimentary Wi-Fi, so they can enjoy time online and on their smartphones. We also have a private dining room for celebrations like birthdays and family gatherings.
Our community is also pet-friendly, so residents can move in with or adopt a furry friend and enjoy time with pet companions. There are so many ways to socialize with other residents and pursue your own interests and hobbies at The Addison of Knightdale. Whatever you want in a senior assisted living community, we’ve got it here.
Visit The Addison of Knightdale in Person or Online
See what life is like at The Addison of Knightdale. You can come in to tour our facilities and see all the amenities we have to offer residents. If you’re not close by, we can walk you through the facilities online so you see what we offer.
When you or a loved one lives at The Addison of Knightdale, you know that all our residents are in the best hands. Our caring and professional staff facilitate personalized care plans. We ensure resident safety with daily up and about checks and round-the-clock call response systems.
Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.