The Addison of Lincolnton is a beautiful and welcoming assisted living North Carolina community that has all the services someone could need on-site. Residents get access to restaurant-style dining for all meals, spacious community rooms, daily programming and activities, an on-site beauty and barber shop, daily housekeeping and personal laundry services, transportation and 24-hour professional staff.
For seniors and their family members who are looking for assisted living in North Carolina that promotes dignity and independence in a safe and supportive environment, the Addison of Lincolnton provides a professional yet homey environment. Here’s what residents at the Addison assisted living Lincolnton NC can expect from typical daily life in this community.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Lincolnton, NC
Lincolnton, NC, is around 30 miles away from Charlotte. The city has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment and attractions to explore. The following are some popular destinations for seniors and their family members who visit in Lincolnton.
- Marcia H. Cloninger Rail Trail: The Marcia H. Cloninger Rail Trail is a 1.7-mile paved surface trail that provides pretty views of the city along the relaxing path. The trail is wheelchair-, bike- and walking-friendly, providing easy navigation along the flat route that’s open from dawn to dusk. It’s also pet-friendly, as long as dogs are on a leash. There are benches all along the route, so trailgoers can relax and take in the sights along the way. Some of the landmarks along the trail include lake and mountain views, art murals, historic homes, a train tunnel, a courthouse and Main Street.
- Lincoln Cultural Center: The Lincoln Cultural Center hosts community art events, including dueling piano concerts, holiday fairs, quilting group meetings, outdoor lawn concerts, theater productions and other local arts organization events. Check the space’s events calendar to find free things to do in Lincolnton that support local visual artists, dancers, musicians and more.
- NanBrook Farm: NanBrook Farm is a working farm and antiques shop whose space features a 200-year-old log house. Visitors can buy Americana-themed collectibles and goods, with merchandise and decorations changing each season to match the holidays. The farm also sells potted plants and flowers, along with its unique collection of vintage goods.
- North State Books: If you’re interested in history and literature, you’ll want to visit North State Books in Lincolnton. This “antiquarian” bookshop specializes in North Carolina-themed historical books, including literature that covers themes like the Civil War, hunting and fishing, nature and science, military history and vintage children’s literature. The independent bookstore has a rotating outside book sale, where you can pick up titles for as little as $1 apiece.
- City Lunch: When you go for a meal at City Lunch in Lincolnton, you get a slice of history with your food. The breakfast, brunch and lunch restaurant is one of the oldest sites in town, as it’s been family-owned-and-operated since 1957 with counter and table service. Check the restaurant’s website to see what’s on special each day, with specialty dishes like grilled chicken, stew beef, chicken and dumplings, pulled pork barbecue, fried chicken, baked pork chops, meat loaf, mashed potatoes and other classic dishes that will take you back in time.
For wine lovers in Lincolnton, there’s also Southern Charm Winery, which features daily wine tastings Tuesday through Saturday. Visitors can taste a selection of more than two dozen varietals and shop for bottles to take home. The winery participates in downtown Lincolnton events throughout the year, like the Lincolnton County Apple Festival.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming at The Addison of Lincolnton
When you’re not touring the city of Lincolnton and its charming attractions, there is plenty for residents to do on-site at The Addison of Lincolnton. Residents can participate in daily programming and activities that take place in spacious community rooms and in other locations around the residence. These include entertainment and amenities like the following.
- Aerobic workouts
- Anagrams games
- Artist talks
- Bingo games
- Blackjack and poker card games
- Book clubs
- Canasta card games
- Chair exercise classes
- Cocktail happy hours
- Comedy shows
- Dominos competitions
- Educational lectures
- Floral arrangement crafts
- Group talks
- Live music concerts
- Movie screenings
- Painting classes
- Resident council meetings
- Storytelling presentations
- Trivia competitions
- TV screenings
- Yoga classes
Each resident has access to a personal care plan, so if there are hobbies or activities someone wants to pursue, the caring and professional team at The Addison of Lincolnton will help make it happen.
Our transportation services are available to help get residents to appointments and other off-site destinations. We’re here to help all our residents live the healthy and active lifestyles they want in our pet-friendly residence.
Learn More About Assisted Living at the The Addison of Lincolnton
The Addison of Lincolnton team is here to help you or your loved one get the care needed to live a fulfilling and meaningful life. Lincolnton is a friendly and vibrant place to enjoy your time, with lots of things to do in town and plenty of activities to pursue every day on-site. Residents can spend time with their pets and their neighbors, they get to eat delicious chef-prepared food and they can pursue hobbies that help them cultivate a healthy lifestyle.
Our professional team members are here to support residents every step of the way, to make daily life easier to manage with convenient services like housekeeping, nursing and transportation. To learn more about The Addison of Lincolnton, find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.