For seniors who need a little assistance with personal care, The Sheridan at Bethel Park assisted living community has beautiful accommodations. Residents enjoy spacious living environments, get three chef-prepared meals a day, receive personalized care plans and housekeeping services, and gain health and wellness mentoring in this safe and friendly community. Assisted living at Sheridan at Bethel Park provides the support residents need, while enabling them to pursue the hobbies and passions they’re interested in.
If you’re looking for assisted living care for yourself or a loved one in Pittsburgh, here’s a look at what to expect from life as a resident at The Sheridan at Bethel Park PA.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Pittsburgh, PA
The Pittsburgh area has lots of diverse activities and attractions for people with all sorts of interests. The city has a rich arts and cultural scene, lots of nature to explore, professional sports teams to cheer on, delicious restaurants and much more. Some of the exciting things Pittsburgh offers include:
- Music and performing arts: Music and theater lovers have plenty of entertainment options in Pittsburgh. The historical Benedum Center for the Performing Arts presents Broadway shows, concerts and other performances. Visitors to the Byham Theater can take in lectures, dance, music, theater and film events. Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts presents shows by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. The Kelly Strayhorn Theater presents diverse dance and theater shows. Pittsburgh also has several comedy clubs and local community theater spaces for intimate shows by regional talent, as well as an annual Shakespeare in the Parks series and outdoor park performances by Pittsburgh Public Theater.
- Museums: Pittsburgh has several of the country’s top museum destinations, for art lovers to history buffs. There are four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, which are The Andy Warhol Museum, the Carnegie Science Center, the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. The Frick Pittsburgh has artworks dating back to the early Italian Renaissance, while the Mattress Factory shows off some of the best contemporary work from artists from around the globe. Pittsburgh also has a Children’s Museum, with lots of hands-on exhibits for all ages.
- Public parks and green spaces: Pittsburgh has several major parks and green spaces to visit when you want to get outside and relax in nature. Frick Park spans nearly 650 acres and is home to more than 100 bird species, as well as has a public lawn bowling green, tennis courts and a dog park. Highland Park has extensive walking trails and benches, plus a swimming pool. The Schenley Plaza and Park is a popular picnic spot, as is Emerald View Park, which features views of the city. Visitors can head to the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens to walk through more than 20 garden areas and a glasshouse that feature diverse flower and plant collections.
- Animal exhibits: Pittsburgh has a few top destinations for animal lovers. The Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium covers more than 75 acres and features diverse animals including red pandas, tigers, lynx, crocodiles, leopards, sea otters, birds and a polar bear. The National Aviary features a collection of more than 600 birds from around the world, including African penguins.
- Historic tours: The Pittsburgh area is rich in history, with lots of historical sites to explore and guided tours available. Walk the Burgh tours, like the name implies, offer guided walking tours of Pittsburgh with themes like ghost walks, whiskey tasting walks and tours of historic Pittsburgh neighborhoods. You can also visit sites like the centuries-old Fort Pitt Block House, the Civil Rights landmark Freedom Corner, the historic August Wilson House and the Southwestern Pennsylvania World War II Veterans Memorial.
Pittsburgh also has professional football, baseball and hockey teams, plus an array of dining and shopping options. It’s a fun city to explore with family members of all ages, with activities ranging from peaceful and relaxing, to active, informative and entertaining.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Bethel Park
At The Sheridan at Bethel Park, residents get access to the exact care they need, while being able to participate in any or all of the daily activities from scheduled programming that interest them. Activities are curated to help residents connect, contribute, feel, grow, move and reflect. Whatever residents want to try, there are ways to learn new things and pursue hobbies and passions at The Sheridan at Bethel Park.
Some sample activities that have been offered include:
- Arts and craft classes
- Balance and coordination exercise classes
- Book clubs
- Brain health games
- Cards club
- Chair exercises
- Chair yoga
- Cocktail classes
- Comedy shows
- Cooking classes
- Cornhole competitions
- Drum circle sessions
- Flower arrangement classes
- Genealogy classes
- Happy hours
- History discussions
- Kings in the Corner games
- Meditative relaxation sessions
- Movie screenings
- Music classes
- Painting classes
- Relaxation coloring
- Scattergories games
- Scrabble games
- Shuffleboard games
- Therapy dog visits
- Trivia competitions
- Uno games
- Wii bowling
- Word square puzzles
The Sheridan at Bethel Park also provides residents with transportation to Pittsburgh outings like shopping trips and restaurant meals. At the residence, residents can access the creative art studio, enclosed sun porch, great room, reading nook, bistro and beauty and barber salon. Residents have everything they need right at home in the pet-friendly community, with close access to Pittsburgh attractions when they want to head into town.
Take a Tour of The Sheridan at Bethel Park
If you’d like to tour The Sheridan at Bethel Park for yourself or a loved one, we welcome you to stop by our community and tour the residence. When you’re looking for a safe and secure residence that provides enriching activities, The Sheridan at Bethel Park is a great place to call home. In addition to assisted living accommodations, the community also offers an award-winning memory care program, as well as short-term care if you or your loved one would like to try the community before committing.