As one of the top five largest metropolitan areas in the United States, Dallas, Texas, is an attractive destination for seniors from all walks of life. The Reserve at North Dallas offers senior independent living and assisted living accommodations in a welcoming, comfortable and safe residence. The Reserve at North Dallas is a top Dallas independent living option because of its beautifully designed environment and engaging atmosphere that includes an array of daily programming for residents.
For seniors and their loved ones who are looking for a convenient and secure place to call home, The Reserve at North Dallas provides everything residents could want in an independent living community. In the city of Dallas and right at the residence, there’s always something enjoyable to explore.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Dallas, TX
Dallas has everything you could want in a big city, with a welcoming community feel. For any interest you have, there are plenty of attractions to pursue in Dallas. Seniors who live in Dallas may enjoy activities and destinations like the following.
- Parks and gardens: Dallas is a beautiful place to head outside and get in touch with nature. The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is a popular place to visit, spanning 66 acres and featuring 11 display gardens. Dallas is also home to one of the country’s largest municipal park systems, with nearly 400 parks that include 7 lakes, 33 ponds, 4 dog parks and more than 150 miles of developed trails. Park visitors can find picnic shelters, tennis courts, basketball and volleyball courts, athletic fields and playgrounds scattered throughout the park system.
- Performing arts: The downtown Dallas Arts District is home to many of the city’s most popular performing arts venues. The AT&T Performing Arts Center includes three performance venues and a park, which host Broadway performances, comedians, live music concerts and more. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents shows most weekends at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center. The Texas Ballet Theater, Dallas Opera and Dallas Black Dance Theatre present diverse ballet, opera and dance performance programming throughout the year. Whether you enjoy watching comics or plays, dance or opera, there are lots of stage shows to choose from in Dallas.
- Sports: Dallas has an abundance of professional sports teams that represent the city, making it a great place to check out a game in person. Sports lovers can see professional football, baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, esports and ultimate frisbee teams that play for Dallas. The city also has lots of beautiful golf courses, where residents can get out and play themselves.
- Museums: Dallas is home to some of the country’s top museums. The Dallas Museum of Art is one of the 10 largest art museums in the United States, with more than 25,000 artworks in the permanent collection that span more than five millennia. The Perot Museum of Nature and Science contains hands-on exhibits, science and nature film showings in the 3D theater, and permanent exhibits on topics like dinosaurs and marine life. The African American Museum contains one of the most extensive African American folk art collections in the U.S. There are many more museums to explore in Dallas to learn about diverse histories and cultures from throughout the world.
- Animal life: There are lots of ways to get up-close to animal creatures in Dallas. The Dallas Zoo spans more than 100 acres and includes exhibits on animals from around the world, including penguins and birds, primates, big cats, elephants and more. The Dallas World Aquarium features exhibits with titles including Cloud Forest Trek, Mundo Maya, Orinoco, South Africa and Borneo. There’s also the kid-centered Children’s Aquarium Dallas, with hands-on petting and feeding opportunities for visitors.
In addition to popular attractions like these, Dallas is home to a bustling culinary scene. Foodies love local Tex-Mex creations, and there’s also an array of wineries to visit in the Dallas area.
Dallas also has an abundance of local shops, arts-and-culture-filled neighborhoods filled with arts and culture to explore, and family-friendly events most days of the week. Whatever you’re interested in, Dallas has lots to check out.
A Look at Independent Living Programming at The Reserve at North Dallas
Right at home at The Reserve at North Dallas, residents can attend a variety of diverse daily programming events with other residents. Programming covers interests including recreation, movement, mindfulness, culture and the arts, leadership and volunteerism, spiritual health, lectures, and learning. Some of the sample activities independent living residents may pursue include:
- Balance and stability classes
- Blood pressure checks
- Brain teaser games
- Bridge card games
- Color by number activities
- Color pencil drawing classes
- Cooking classes
- Cornhole games
- Current events discussions
- Essential oil classes
- Family Feud games
- Fashion and style classes
- Game nights
- Hand massages
- Horticulture classes
- Jewelry making classes
- Live music performances
- Movie matinees
- Poker card games
- Puzzle clubs
- Resident council
- Root beer floats
- Rummikub games
- Shuffleboard games
- Tea and talk time
- Tech help classes
- Weight support groups
- Wordle games
The Reserve at North Dallas also frequently offers off-site dining, church, shopping and casino outings, with transportation provided.
At the community, residents can also access the library, theater, community rooms with TVs and DVDs, art center, fitness center, cards room and rehabilitation gym. There’s also an on-site beauty salon and barbershop, as well as a pond and courtyard. Independent living residents get one chef-prepared meal each day in one of the main or private dining rooms, as well as continental breakfast.
There are lots of ways residents can explore their hobbies and passions, learn new skills and connect with other community members at The Reserve at North Dallas.
Tour The Reserve at North Dallas Independent Living Community
The Reserve at North Dallas welcomes you or your loved one to visit our Dallas independent living community. We provide the services residents need, while supporting active and healthy lifestyles. For independent living in the Dallas area, The Reserve at North Dallas is a top choice that’s recognized by the International WELL Building Institute, with the WELL Health-Safety Rating.
Stop in to see our community yourself and tour the residence. Find out more about Senior Lifestyle, or schedule a tour today.