If you or someone you love is in need of assisted living services in the Atlanta, Georgia, area, consider Addington Place of Roswell. This completely remodeled assisted living community in Roswell, GA, offers seniors the safe and secure care they need, while fostering autonomy by enabling residents to pursue their passions. This welcoming community supports healthy and active lifestyles, providing a variety of social outings, on-site programming and accommodating amenities that make every day enjoyable.
Addington Place of Roswell is conveniently located, a short drive away from the capital city of Atlanta. There’s so much to do both on-site and around Roswell. For seniors and their loved ones who are looking for a beautiful residence with trained, certified and supportive caregivers, Addington Place of Roswell has it all.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Roswell, GA
Located just a little over 20 miles from Atlanta, Roswell has beautiful nature, a wide variety of entertainment options and fun for the whole family when visitors are in town. Addington Place of Roswell offers transportation services, and our team members is available to help residents and their loved ones discover things to do in the area. Some of the top attractions to check out in Roswell include the following.
- Chattahoochee River: Roswell is home to 9 miles of the Chattahoochee River, a relaxing nature-filled destination that’s home to diverse wildlife. In Roswell, residents can walk on trails or along the riverwalk, enjoy the serenity of the water views or head out in a canoe or kayak. The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area includes hiking trails and a waterfall. Also near the river, Azalea Park and Don White Memorial Park feature picnic areas and wheelchair-accessible paths.
- Roswell art galleries and studios: Roswell has more than a dozen art-filled spaces in its historic district, where residents can look at art from local and national artists, as well as create artworks themselves. There’s also the Roswell Visual Arts center, which includes exhibitions and galleries, as well as classes and master workshops. The Roswell Art Center at East Roswell Park includes an art gallery with changing exhibits, as well as art classrooms and a clay studio. The Roswell Clay Collective presents clay artworks on display and provides clay pottery wheel and hand building sculpture classes. Every year, the Roswell Arts Fund and the City of Roswell also present ArtAround Roswell, a public art sculpture collection throughout the downtown Roswell area that includes 10 permanent sculptures and additional temporary sculptures.
- Live theater and music in Roswell: The Roswell Cultural Arts Center is one of the top places to go in Roswell to see live theater and musical performances. The space’s center stage presents touring acts, including classical concerts and contemporary music groups. The center also hosts community theater and dance programming, as well as family-friendly performances, puppet shows and youth theater productions. The lobby inside the arts center offers free rotating visual art exhibitions. Also in Roswell, residents can see live music during the free Roswell Riverside Sounds Concert Series at Riverside Park and check out theater and dance productions at the Georgia Ensemble Theatre and Roswell Dance Theatre.
- Historic house museums: Roswell is steeped in history, which residents and visitors can explore during tours of the area’s Historic house museums. These museums include: Barrington Hall, a Greek Revival architecture home overlooking town whose grounds include a barn, wells, a smokehouse and an icehouse; Bulloch Hall, which was home to President Teddy Roosevelt’s family and features an exhibit dedicated to the legacy of African Americans in Roswell; and the Smith Plantation, a 300+ acre plantation that features 10 historic outbuildings, including a spring house and slave quarters. Guided tours are available throughout the week, or self-guided options are also available.
- Computer Museum of America: The country’s premiere museum focusing on the evolution of computing technology is located in Roswell. The Computer Museum of America features exhibits that delve into subjects including computers in space, supercomputing and retro gaming. Visitors can see early computer models, attend a lecture and check out special events that bring in notable electronic artifacts. There are also special hands-on demonstrations throughout the year, included with museum admission.
Roswell also has an abundance of eclectic restaurants, local shops and family-friendly activities. There are around 20 parks in the area that each feature unique amenities and scenery. Whether you want to learn about history, relax in nature or do something active with your family, there’s lots to do in Roswell for every interest.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Addington Place
In addition to being close to so many interesting attractions in the Roswell area, Addington Place of Roswell has an array of activities for residents to participate in right on site. There’s a daily programming schedule full of diverse options that help residents nurture their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Some of the sample programming residents at Addington Place of Roswell can look forward to include:
- Chair yoga
- Current events conversations
- Finish the phrase games
- Gratitude gatherings
- Guided discussions
- Holiday meals
- Live music concerts
- Move and groove exercise classes
- Movie showings at the on-site movie theater
- Music therapy
- Name that tune games
- Outdoor adventure excursions
- Painting classes
- Poetry classes
- Religious services
- Ring toss
- Seasonal crafts
- Sensory stimulation programs
- Tea parties
- Trivia games
- Word puzzles
Plus, every day, residents can partake in three chef-prepared meals in the spacious and welcoming dining room. Addington Place of Roswell also has a media center and private library, a living room, an abundance of comfortable sitting areas, a full-service barber and beauty shop, outdoor gardening areas and a courtyard. Residents can spend time inside or outside, with friends or in quiet time, whenever they want. Pets are also welcome at Addington Place of Roswell, so residents feel right at home in this safe and supportive community.
Take a Tour of Addington Place of Roswell for Yourself or a Loved One
Addington Place of Roswell offers brand-new surroundings and amenities in our completely remodeled space. The community also offers memory care services for residents who need support dealing with memory loss, as well as short-term care options.