Falls River Village is a beautiful assisted living Raleigh NC community for seniors. Our supportive and welcoming assisted living North Carolina residence provides seniors with the care and help they need, while helping them maintain as much autonomy as possible. Both in the Raleigh area and on site at Falls River Village assisted living Raleigh, residents have a lot of attractions to explore and activities to pursue.
If you’re looking for assisted living facilities in North Carolina for yourself or a loved one, here’s what to look forward to in a typical day at Assisted Living in our Raleigh NC facility.
Fun Things for Seniors to Do in Raleigh, NC
Raleigh is the capital city of North Carolina and has some of the state’s most exciting attractions. It’s a friendly city that has things for every interest, from arts and culture, to theater and entertainment, to nature and parks.
At Falls River Village, NC, assisted living, we can help coordinate transportation to sites like the following, which are enjoyable to visit when family’s in town or any time of year.
- Theatre in the Park: Theatre in the Park is a top destination for North Carolina assisted living residents because it presents a diverse lineup of popular and engaging theater productions throughout the year. For more than 70 years, the indoor theater company has put on shows in the northern end of Pullen Park in Raleigh. There’s an annual production of “A Christmas Carol” for the holiday season, as well as titles from Broadway and the national theater scene. Theatre in the Park makes shows accessible for theatergoers of all abilities, with wheelchair accessibility, access to a visual impairment audio description and large-print playbills.
- Pullen Park: Pullen Park is another top place to visit in Raleigh. Established in 1887 on more than 66 acres, the park is the first public park in North Carolina. It’s home to the fifth-oldest amusement park still operating in the United States and the 16th-oldest on earth. In addition to looking at the serene nature in the park, visitors can rent pedal boats, ride the carousel and swim in the Pullen Aquatic Center. There’s also a variety of playgrounds, athletic fields, gazebos, pavilions and tennis courts in the park. Pullen Cafe near the entrance offers a lunch and late afternoon menu.
- North Carolina Museum of Art: The North Carolina Museum of Art is one of the state’s best venues for art lovers, with artworks dating back to more than 5,000 years ago. The museum has a large collection of European paintings from to the Renaissance through the 19th century and beyond, as well as sculptures, Egyptian funerary art, Jewish art and American art from throughout the centuries. Visitors to the museum can also wander around the country’s largest art museum park, featuring art throughout its 164 acres. In addition to seeing art, the museum hosts cultural events like outdoor concerts, poetry slams, dance performances and film showings. It also hosts adult programming like studio workshops and lectures, as well as coordinates art classes for families.
- Historic Yates Mill County Park: Historic Yates Mill County Park resides on 174 acres in Raleigh and features a stunning operable historic grist mill and 24-acre pond next to Steep Hill Creek. Visitors can tour the park for free and purchase tickets for a mill tour that educates guests on corn grinding and farm-to-table food production. The wildlife park also includes walking and hiking trails, gardens, fishing and picnic areas.
- Pullen Community Center: Part of Pullen Park, the Pullen Community Center offers a variety of classes and programs for people with all types of interests and abilities. Community center members and visitors can participate in activities like gentle yoga, bridge card games and arts and crafts activities. The community center also has fitness rooms.
A Look at Assisted Living Programming Offered at Falls River Village
There’s no shortage of things for residents to do at Falls River Village assisted living in North Carolina. In addition to heading into the city to visit landmarks and attractions, we have a full schedule of daily programming for our assisted living residents in NC right on site. A sample of activities at Falls River Village assisted living in Raleigh include:
- Balloon baseball
- Coffee café social time
- Cooking club
- Cornhole games
- Drawing classes
- Gardening club
- Ice cream socials
- Manicures and hand massages
- Move and groove fitness classes
- Movies with popcorn
- Piano concerts
- Poetry readings
- Spelling bees
- Spiritual services
- Trivia competitions
- Vintage TV program screenings
- Volleyball games
- Walking groups
- Word scrambles
- Yoga classes
At Falls River Village, our goal is to give residents the opportunity to connect with each other, contribute their talents, grow in their spirituality and mindfulness, exercise and maintain their physical health, and pursue their new and existing passions and interests. We plan a variety of programming each day to serve diverse residents and help them try out new things at our residence.
See What Life Is Like at Falls River Village
In addition to a variety of on-site programming, Falls River Village has a variety of amenities for residents to enjoy. We provide restaurant-style dining for all meals with professional staff. We have a beautiful outdoor courtyard for residents to enjoy. We also have a barbershop, beauty salon and library, all at the residence.